TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Showing ideal range

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Mitrovic, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

When the Tesla Ranger came to look at the problem with my hands free telephone function he should have also looked at the problem that since the last service the analogue tacho ( speed ) shows a big difference to the digital tacho ( on the small screen ). Of course he did misunderstood and did change that on the little screen it does not show anymore the ideal range, but the "expected" range.
    When I press the "range" button on the little screen it changes to ideal range, but after some seconds it changes back to "expected" range. How can I change it? I want the ideal range to be shown on the small screen and that it stays…

Thank you

P.S. The Tesla people have to deliver 90 Model S next month here in Switzerland. So they are really stressed…There is still only one Tesla shop and only one service center here...

2. Fluke

Fluke Member

Does the button on the right hand side of the steering column not cycle through the various small display choices? I think it is persistent once selected, but not completely sure.

3. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

I had the exact same problem when my Roadster came back from its last service, but it is easy to change to the way you want it to be.

To do this, park the car, pull up the hand brake, and touch on the "Settings" icon (this is the SPANNER / WRENCH symbol). This should enter 1 of 3 settings screens.

Touch on the "UNITS" icon.

When in this submenu, use the up/down arrow to move the square highlighter until the 4th option for which type of range to display. Repeatedly touching on 'Select' icon will toggle the range display between the two options "EST" or "IDEAL".

Once set, the range indication under the normal battery symbol when driving will be set as you want.

Hope this helps :)

4. Mitrovic

Mitrovic Member

Great! Thank you! Yes, that helped!
    Thank you very much!

5. PV4EV

PV4EV Member

:biggrin: