TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Showing POI on Nav map?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by KManS, Jul 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. KManS

KManS Member

Is there some way to get restaurants and other POIs to show up on the NAV map? I can open a separate browser and open Google maps in the browser and see restaurants and banks etc around me but on the main NAV map I see none of those things and I don't see a way to turn on POIs, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

Can you press the voice command and say "Find nearest restaurant"?

2. KManS

KManS Member

I guess this was the wrong place to ask this question??

3. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

Click Nav and type what you want into the search. Type "Banks" and it will show the nearest banks. It works similar to Google.

4. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

The Tesla navigation system is missing some features, such as POI support.

Even while on an active route, you can say "drive to x" - which will display the nearest destinations matching "x" - and if you click on one of the map icons, it will pop up a box with information on that destination, including buttons for navigating to that destination or placing a phone call.

While Tesla hasn't made many improvements to the navigation software since the Model S went into production in 2012, I suspect that we'll see some major improvements in the next few years, due to a combination of more Tesla cars (with the introduction of the 3 and Y), increased EV competition, and use of the navigation software by EAP & FSD.