Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Showing SiriusXM Favorites

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
My car only displays the Recent SiriusXM selections in the bar. Near the right side, I can see where Favorites starts, and it has the Favorites title at the top of the bar, but I can't seem to display them. I have tried tapping Favorites, scrolling it to the left, and selecting Favorites from the Sirius XM tab. I cannot seem to display my selected Favorites. How is this done? It used to work. Certainly not very intuitive.

Okay. Here's my work around. I have the same problem from time-to-time. AFTER I have a good XM signal, go to your favorites in XM, then select the last favorite in your favorite group. When you are listening to your selection, close your favorites and use left buttons on steering wheel to advance or backwards. Works for me all of the time. I don't think XM and EM get along very well. Something wonkie in the antenna. Techs just scratch their heads.

2019 MS

Reactions: DerbyDave

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
Okay. Here's my work around. I have the same problem from time-to-time. AFTER I have a good XM signal, go to your favorites in XM, then select the last favorite in your favorite group. When you are listening to your selection, close your favorites and use left buttons on steering wheel to advance or backwards. Works for me all of the time. I don't think XM and EM get along very well. Something wonkie in the antenna. Techs just scratch their heads.

2019 MS
That worked RickParker. Thanks for the workaround. Bet now I have trouble getting to Recents. :)

Alset2

Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2020
Ocala. Fl
Sorry to resurrect old thread but thought it better than starting a new one.

Had this problem for over a year and through many updates.
Service center even saw it and did not know what was up.
That has finally been fixed (hopefully) with most recent 2021.24 update.

But now that I see my favorites, they randomly get mixed up which is even more aggravating!
I have my stations in a specific order so I can scroll through them with the SW buttons... now that doesn't work out so good.
It happened once and I was able to fix with a reset, now its permanent.
I have a service ticket in but not expecting too much more then the usual "its coming in an update" response .
I love this car, but simple infotainment issues seem unreasonable on a $100K car...not because it cost $100K, but because all of my prior $20K cars can play music in a logical & predictable manner. To be fair though, none of them sound anywhere near as good as this one!

I try to be understanding , but auto infotainment interfaces are not really new, ground breaking accessories ...

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I think 24.4 has made it worse. Now the Favorites not only don't display, I can't get them using the method described above. I also completely lost SiriusXM icon and service for several days after the update. Car would boot up on FM since the service was apparently missing. Power Off, Reset, nothing worked. At least now it is working after several days with no further action taken on my part, but definitely no better on Favorites. Recents only are displayed.

Dakster

MS LR 21" Black/Black/No FSD, 5/18, RN1149
Dec 8, 2016
MD
On 2021 model S, for XM, when you select the “favorites” and select one of the stations, is there any way to stay on the same screen? Currently, it switches to “related content”. I hate that, I just want my favorites displayed so that I can switch to different favorite station easily.

I agree.. the horrible user interface for this car, for all the money, is embarrassing. My wife's Merc is so easy use... set favorites, use the steering wheel scroll to advance through them. This car, with all its advances, can't get that simple thing right. I would guess most people want their favorites easily accessible. Oh.. but the car farts....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC