Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showing SiriusXM Favorites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
My car only displays the Recent SiriusXM selections in the bar. Near the right side, I can see where Favorites starts, and it has the Favorites title at the top of the bar, but I can't seem to display them. I have tried tapping Favorites, scrolling it to the left, and selecting Favorites from the Sirius XM tab. I cannot seem to display my selected Favorites. How is this done? It used to work. Certainly not very intuitive.

Okay. Here's my work around. I have the same problem from time-to-time. AFTER I have a good XM signal, go to your favorites in XM, then select the last favorite in your favorite group. When you are listening to your selection, close your favorites and use left buttons on steering wheel to advance or backwards. Works for me all of the time. I don't think XM and EM get along very well. Something wonkie in the antenna. Techs just scratch their heads.

2019 MS

Reactions: DerbyDave
Okay. Here's my work around. I have the same problem from time-to-time. AFTER I have a good XM signal, go to your favorites in XM, then select the last favorite in your favorite group. When you are listening to your selection, close your favorites and use left buttons on steering wheel to advance or backwards. Works for me all of the time. I don't think XM and EM get along very well. Something wonkie in the antenna. Techs just scratch their heads.

2019 MS
That worked RickParker. Thanks for the workaround. Bet now I have trouble getting to Recents. :)

Sorry to resurrect old thread but thought it better than starting a new one.

Had this problem for over a year and through many updates.
Service center even saw it and did not know what was up.
That has finally been fixed (hopefully) with most recent 2021.24 update.

But now that I see my favorites, they randomly get mixed up which is even more aggravating!
I have my stations in a specific order so I can scroll through them with the SW buttons... now that doesn't work out so good.
It happened once and I was able to fix with a reset, now its permanent.
I have a service ticket in but not expecting too much more then the usual "its coming in an update" response .
I love this car, but simple infotainment issues seem unreasonable on a $100K car...not because it cost $100K, but because all of my prior $20K cars can play music in a logical & predictable manner. To be fair though, none of them sound anywhere near as good as this one!

I try to be understanding , but auto infotainment interfaces are not really new, ground breaking accessories ...

Reactions: Tezlowski
I think 24.4 has made it worse. Now the Favorites not only don't display, I can't get them using the method described above. I also completely lost SiriusXM icon and service for several days after the update. Car would boot up on FM since the service was apparently missing. Power Off, Reset, nothing worked. At least now it is working after several days with no further action taken on my part, but definitely no better on Favorites. Recents only are displayed.

On 2021 model S, for XM, when you select the “favorites” and select one of the stations, is there any way to stay on the same screen? Currently, it switches to “related content”. I hate that, I just want my favorites displayed so that I can switch to different favorite station easily.

Reactions: Tezlowski
I agree.. the horrible user interface for this car, for all the money, is embarrassing. My wife's Merc is so easy use... set favorites, use the steering wheel scroll to advance through them. This car, with all its advances, can't get that simple thing right. I would guess most people want their favorites easily accessible. Oh.. but the car farts....

On 2021 model S, for XM, when you select the “favorites” and select one of the stations, is there any way to stay on the same screen? Currently, it switches to “related content”. I hate that, I just want my favorites displayed so that I can switch to different favorite station easily.
Did you ever find a reliable resolution to this? This has been driving me crazy as well.

It's such a easy fix and they won't do it. It's entertainment system 101 that you want to be able to scroll through the favorites and not take your eyes off the road. There are a lot of people on here that don't seem to care or don't have Sirius.. all they care about is that their fanboy made the car. Us normal drivers want an entertainment system that is NOT a downgrade from the previous model S. At least that one worked reasonably well. Just an aside, my best friend just got his model S and loved it.... for a week. Then he realized the turn signals were almost unusable, the Sirius interface was garbage, the dashboard screen has no info anymore that's usable.. just a recreation of the outside environment. Where is the window for the entertainment center? Now u have to keep looking right at the screen... where is the fan speed.. now you have to position your finger in the upper reaches of that screen to raise and lower it. The horn... nice move making it so you have to search for it.

And the customer service is non existing.. no one answers any phones. I had to drive to the Topanga Mall to talk to a real person and get my lease issue resolved.

Elon, if your paying attention.. I'm getting a Taycan as next car. At least they give a *sugar*.

My car has had the broken XM favorites now for months. Pressing back/next changes 1,2,3,4 not between favorites.

Other than setting an appointment every day for the next 6 months, who can I escalate this to / how?

It worked when I bought the car, then tesla broke it. Binding arbitration? I'll give it ago. Just need to know where to start.

thanks

Of course, try to work through Tesla Service first. If you need to escalate, this is from my Purchase order. Check yours in case it is different.
"If you have a concern or dispute, please send a written notice describing it and your desired resolution to [email protected].​
If not resolved within 60 days, you agree that any dispute arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between you and​
Tesla will not be decided by a judge or jury but instead by a single arbitrator in an arbitration administered by the American​
Arbitration Association (AAA) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules. This includes claims arising before this Agreement, such as claims​
related to statements about our products.​
We will pay all AAA fees for any arbitration, which will be held in the city or county of your residence. To learn more about the Rules​
and how to begin an arbitration, you may call any AAA office or go to www.adr.org.​
The arbitrator may only resolve disputes between you and Tesla, and may not consolidate claims without the consent of all parties.​
The arbitrator cannot hear class or representative claims or requests for relief on behalf of others purchasing or leasing Tesla​
vehicles. In other words, you and Tesla may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity and not as a plaintiff​
or class member in any class or representative action. If a court or arbitrator decides that any part of this agreement to arbitrate​
cannot be enforced as to a particular claim for relief or remedy, then that claim or remedy (and only that claim or remedy) must be​
brought in court and any other claims must be arbitrated.​
If you prefer, you may instead take an individual dispute to small claims court."​

• Informative
Reactions: SabrToothSqrl
HA! it's more BS:

Thank you for contacting Tesla. If your concern is related to a legal matter, we will get in touch with you. For all other matters, please Contact Us here.

I guess I open tickets w/service center and rate them 1/5 until it's fixed. what choice do I have? Every 'contact us' is fake and there is no way to tell anyone something is broken. It's obviously intentional. Even comcast has a phone number.