Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showroom Discount - Adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved my inventory model X on Nov 30th. I’m picking it up at the end of this month. While I am very happy with the showroom discount, I’ve read that other people had luck getting the discount increased closer to delivery day because the car is now one month older.

Is it common to ask for the discount to be re-evaluated at delivery? Who does the OA make the request to? Tesla financial in CA? I asked my Tesla finance rep and he was unaware.

What made me think about it is I’ve seen two inventory X90d since my deal with larger discounts and similar mileage. The X I’m getting is a late March build.

Thanks!

It doesn’t hurt to ask - good luck...but you will need to get that finalized before you take delivery as the paperwork will need to be changed. If you worked with a sales guy ask the manager there or, worst case scenario, as your DS.

I've heard of a further discount when the car continued to be used as a loaner after the deposit was placed. For example, someone reserved a car with 1500 miles, but the car was currently out as a loaner and when it came back in, it had 2000 miles. In those instances, I believe a further reduction is warranted. If we are just talking about a few weeks time to have the car prepped and delivered (which is generally the case for every inventory car purchased) - with no additional miles put on the car in its service as a loaner or demo car, I'm not sure what the basis of any reduction would be.

Honestly,. IMHO, I wouldn't worry about a few hundred or 1000 extra miles. More than that perhaps raise a stink. I bought my first inventory car in 2014 with over 8000 miles on it (and an appropriate discount), but if it had 8500 miles? Not a big deal. 10,000 miles, I would have pushed back on that.