Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showroom - Hobart, Tas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla job ads suggest a Tesla showroom coming to Hobart!

gjc0SRT.jpg

No service related jobs listed yet, so it is probably just a basic sales focused centre. Our service ranger Will is doing a great job based on what other owners have had to say.

No idea on the location yet - will keep an eye on recent commercial property leases.

Tesla job ads suggest a Tesla showroom coming to Hobart!

gjc0SRT.jpg

No service related jobs listed yet, so it is probably just a basic sales focused centre. Our service ranger Will is doing a great job based on what other owners have had to say.

No idea on the location yet - will keep an eye on recent commercial property leases.
That's great for those of us in Tassie. I'm eagerly awaiting more news as it comes.
At least, you'll be able to see (maybe even test drive) the cars BEFORE ordering.
Even a long drive from the North West would be worth it, compared to flying to Melbourne!
And yes, Will does a fantastic job for us all, including those outside Hobart, and it is greatly appreciated. Hopefully, that service level will continue once there is a Service Centre operational.
Now, all we need is a few more SuperChargers!

Plans are in at the Glenorchy City Council for a Tesla sales/showroom at 402 Brooker Highway, Derwent Park!

https://www.gcc.tas.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/402-Brooker-Highway-Derwent-Park.pdf

It looks like they'll be taking over about a quarter of the existing Amart Furniture building.

1684896185671.png

Car parking spaces appear to be double-parked so presumably will be mostly utilised as delivery spaces. No superchargers marked. No detail of internal configuration but presume it is combined sales and showroom.

1684896315144.png

1684896370411.png

Great that something is happening in Tassie, at last.
If this centre is to be used for servcing (as well as sales & deliveries), I hope those of us in the more far-flung outposts of empire will not lose access to the wonderful mobile service provided by Will.
I'd hate to have to drive 700km just to get a squeak examined :-}

Great that something is happening in Tassie, at last.
If this centre is to be used for servcing (as well as sales & deliveries), I hope those of us in the more far-flung outposts of empire will not lose access to the wonderful mobile service provided by Will.
I'd hate to have to drive 700km just to get a squeak examined :-}
My understanding is yep - it will work something like that! Hobart servicing will transition to a service centre based setup. Ranger visits will be used where appropriate (e.g. if the vehicle can't be moved?) Maybe they'll have a northern-focused ranger?

Note - all just speculation on my part!

And a car showroom without any glass frontage is definitely strange.

But Tesla does things differently (and somewhat frugally compared to most car showrooms)
Miranda is also an ex-smaller Bunnings indeed a Tesla logo sits inside an old Bunnings triangular sign frame.
Chatswood is an ex-NRMA car inspections site that was later just commercial offices.

And a car showroom without any glass frontage is definitely strange.

But Tesla does things differently (and somewhat frugally compared to most car showrooms)
Miranda is also an ex-smaller Bunnings indeed a Tesla logo sits inside an old Bunnings triangular sign frame.
Chatswood is an ex-NRMA car inspections site that was later just commercial offices.
Yeah it is unusual! Definitely more of a service centre/delivery centre, although the DA describes it as "Alterations to create additional showroom for motor vehicle sales". It'll be interesting to see how the inside is divided up.

It's a good highway location too.
1684909161003.png

Temporary signage up... photo credit: Jon E on FB.

Some deliveries were made from here this week and some owners are reporting their service appointments are being made for there as well.

Apart from that, not a lot of changes visible on the customer side of the gate.

View attachment 958247
Great to see, this will boost the confidence of a lot of fence sitters holding off on a Tesla purchase.

Reactions: Hairyman and Chuq