Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Showroom Model X in HK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm general production reservation #9.
Saw the X's yesterday, and ordered this morning.

Hey Jason90, awesome review of the X.
I'm in Australia and also waiting on our X, as you guys are RHD like Australia, was the showroom X RHD?
We are still waiting to see an X in the flesh here, hoping they will have one here in Sydney in the next month or so to view.
Are they letting you guys test drive?

Leather seats upgrade for X only costs HK$2,500 (whereas S costs HK$19,000) ! Probably a special discount!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 84
LHD in showroom means we are way off a RHD production model.... sigh

Elon said (at the recent owner gathering in HK) that production would start in the summer of 2016 for deliveries later that year.

So far, amazingly, they seem on schedule for that. From what I hear, they are pushing owners to finalise now and signature build production is starting now. Remember that it is 2 to 3 months from production until we see the deliveries. Production now would be delivery in November, which sounds about right.

We have a model X launch in Sydney Australia, on the 24th August. A few people think we will see a RHD model X here. I'm going to the launch as I have P90D on order. Fingers crossed we see one. I'll be taking plenty of photos and video.

Last edited:
FWD is an engineering wonder, but sadly don't think it's going to fly in HK, that as well as the width of MX. But am willing to give it a try.

My test drive of a MX in HK would be basically a series of parking and door opening tests really...