Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shudder @ 90mph: Alignment already?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y’all. So they confirm it’s the foam. The pull the foam out of the tire. They say it’s good now. I drive away. The tire completely blows out.
8040091B-E233-4023-84F7-EED5F6D15583.jpeg

But it doesn't vibrate at high speed now right?... ;)

Seriously, what's "the rest of the story....".... ?
Well this finally got me a comped tire. Vibration gone. Also about half a day of ubering and road side assistance and Tesla service working late and almost blaming me (“are you sure you didn’t hit something…”). But finally, new tire. No vibration. Onward.

DArkstarY: Sorry, the story is still incomplete.

What caused the follow-up blowout? The photo you posted doesn't show a "blow out", just a delated tire. Was it blown out on the inside?

I don't understand how removing tire/re-gluing foam could cause a deflation, UNLESS they didn't seat the bead properly. That's my guess.

DArkstarY: Sorry, the story is still incomplete.

What caused the follow-up blowout? The photo you posted doesn't show a "blow out", just a delated tire. Was it blown out on the inside?

I don't understand how removing tire/re-gluing foam could cause a deflation, UNLESS they didn't seat the bead properly. That's my guess.
Definitely a blow out (immediate deflation at speed) and no idea what caused it. They sort of just waved it off and gave me a new tire.
Good Reddit thread on this foam issue which seems to be widespread