Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Shudder on the raven

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a 2019 performance x shutter noise ever since I got the car. I have been through two new axles and two new Half shaft. The car has been pulling to the left ever since I got it. They try to do an alignment a couple times I get the car back it’s pulling to the right. They blame it on their alignment rack!!!! I take it back two weeks later I got the car same thing pulling to the right they told me everything was fine. I take it back again now their new excuse is feathering of the tires. My Service advisor is a great guy. He put loaner wheels on the front of the car. And told me that I need to buy 2 New Tires Drive this and see how straight it drives. I take car home same thing pulls to the right. Fml lol today I take it back to him and now ask to have my tires put on and I take the car to a professional tire shop. Manager tells me there is no feathering on the tires at all. They are finding any way around this problem. Is there anyone on the forum that works for Tesla that I can talk to. It’s bin 45 days of service with 5 months ownership I just want out. And move on to a new Tesla. I love Tesla but I just can’t stand opening a 120k car with bad axles.

My 2019 July MX Raven Performance started the shudder at 5000 miles (Currently have 6350 miles). What’s happening to you is the reason I’m avoiding getting mine fixed until I know a permanent fix is known without breaking something else. I would be pissed if this happened to me. I spent $3k on winter tires & rims, and my 22s are in storage. I would be furious if any of these new tires wore out because of faulty tire equipment.

Did the shudder actually go away?

My 2019 July MX Raven Performance started the shudder at 5000 miles (Currently have 6350 miles). What’s happening to you is the reason I’m avoiding getting mine fixed until I know a permanent fix is known without breaking something else. I would be pissed if this happened to me. I spent $3k on winter tires & rims, and my 22s are in storage. I would be furious if any of these new tires wore out because of faulty tire equipment.

Did the shudder actually go away?
I also had it start at 5k and now have 6k

I’ll have shutter video up soon

Attachments

• B8850DA2-2D6D-4427-B073-84331D090FE9.jpeg
    B8850DA2-2D6D-4427-B073-84331D090FE9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly the same problem / noise on my raven model S performance. Had front axles replaced, problem came back after 50 km and only 2 ludicrous launches. This is a production issue, I mailed them that I want to wait for a permanent fix now, and have them install that when it’s available, even after warranty. Haven’t gotten any feedback yet ...