Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If there was a shuttle service at all/your local supercharger, would you use it?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla owner and "ideas guy", I can't help but think a shuttle service at some supercharger locations would be a worthwhile investment.

I use the charger in Oxnard, CA all the time and while it's close enough to the mall, sometimes I want to go to the restaurant(s) and shops on the other side of the freeway or even on the other side of the shopping center without walking all the way or doing something like an Uber.

Am I the only one?

As a Tesla owner and "ideas guy", I can't help but think a shuttle service at some supercharger locations would be a worthwhile investment.

I use the charger in Oxnard, CA all the time and while it's close enough to the mall, sometimes I want to go to the restaurant(s) and shops on the other side of the freeway or even on the other side of the shopping center without walking all the way or doing something like an Uber.

Am I the only one?

There's probably very few of you. Most of us only supercharge when we travel, since it's easier and more convenient to charge at home, plus we want to keep them open for travelers. So the idea of shuttles makes little sense.

Am I the only one?
who would be paying for this service?

excepting CA and a handful of other places the SpCs aren't very busy and a good number of the SpC are adjacent to stores, restaurants and other services.

Lastly the majority of stops at a SpC are only 30-45 minutes hardly enough time to be taken somewhere and return in that time period.

Reactions: BerTX
Great comments, What if we change it up a bit? I'm hearing the same comments my fiends have mentioned:
- Travelers
- Needing to stay near the car, etc.

So let's flip it a bit, what if there was a service like Citi Bike, but with an electric golf cart.

You arrive at a charger, you want to eat/shop somewhere that's a bit too far to get done in the ~30min you're charging (ie. McDonalds is right next to the charger but you want to go to In n Out 1/2-1 mile away). So perhaps there are 4+ golft carts waiting next to the supercharger, pay per use ($3? $5? Timed?), and you just pick one up, use it while you charge, then drop it back off when you're done.

Not a fixed route shuttle, but a pay per use to get you where you want to be and back in time to be considerate of others who need to charge and not incur the idle charge.

Thoughts?

• Disagree
Reactions: kort677