Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick After Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went to test drive the MS today. I have driven the M3 over a weekend from Los Angeles to Vegas so got a nice feel of the car and really really liked it. But leaning towards the S due to the overall space, truck space, larger screen, dashboard and other little things that I seem to want.

So we take the car out and I get excited that I will be able to test the Ludicrous drive for the first time. While I have seen video and people talk about it, I had never experienced it in person. So the Sales rep points me to a road that they use for the Ludicrous test. My wife is in the back and I get a bit giddy as she has no idea what she is about to experience. NONE. She has zero knowledge of the Tesla and really does not care.

So I ask her you ready, she says yes and I punch it. Literately less that a half second I take my foot off the peddle. I probably went 40 feet. But my chest is hurting, my insides feel strange and I am starting to feel sick. What I thought was me "getting my wife" turns out to "me getting me". We both feel like we experienced the fastest roller coaster ever and I am so glad I was in control and could stop the ride as the feeling we miserable. The sales rep give a little giggle as I mention that was not fun.

As I get older I find I can't do roller coasters like I use to and avoid them especially if the G force is high. Scream at California Adventures is a fun roller coaster and the quick start is NOTHING like the Tesla. I can say I have never felt anything like the acceleration I experienced. So much so, that 45 minutes later as we went to lunch, I could not really eat. My insides we still feeling out of place.

I was not in the market for the P100D, but can honestly say that after that 1/2 second ride I would not order it. Not sure if my body could handle it. 75D & 4.2 sec is just fine.

Going to lay down now. :)

I had a P loaner and had to test it -- it was raining (as is usual here) and it scared the *sugar* out of me. I felt fine physically (but I can easily see L churning your gut), but emotionally I was just thankful I didn't slide into a light pole because you don't really feel all that in control. So it was in that instant I determined it wasn't something I needed. Still, I wanted a 3P, but it sure helped doing that to ease my craving for it and made it easier to settle for the slower 3.

Insane mode cured me.

I used to love going on rollercoasters when I was in my teens. Thirty plus years later I could not handle it. I would get dizzy and upset stomach after each ride and I would have to wait 1 hour before I could go riding again.
After driving a P85D for the past 2 years, I can go on any rollercoaster, one after the other, feeling exhilarated.

Now THIS is an entertaining thread. 'please zoom us' Ha! My 9 year old only wants to ride in the Tesla. Everything else is below his dignity. We test drove a P100D and were all physically ill for the rest of the afternoon. Great memory. We bought a 100D and, even though we rocket past anything on the road, still haven't pressed the accelerator more than halfway. That's reserve entertainment.

A guy jackrabbited off the line at a stop sign today to get ahead of me in the adjacent lane. I let him get two car lengths in front, then shot past him to merge. It was evil and I enjoyed it thoroughly and perversely. Everything loose shot to the backseat. And I don't think I even used half the accelerator. Bwah, ha, ha. I gotta stop watching Stan Lee movies with my son. This villainy is fun.

• Funny
Reactions: ckoval7
I have never driven the P100D, but I have the 100D, and have driven the P85D with Ludicrous.

For me... the P model is awesome, I'd use it all the time if I had it. I frankly just could not justify (to my wife) the extra $40k for the speed, so I got the 100D. 3.9s is nice, but I would LOVE to have the P100D.

There is no way to get that feeling back though... after experiencing a ludicrous launch the first time when your brain is still at the spot that you started at.... every launch after that you lose that sense and its easier on the body... only to way to get that feeling back is wait for a faster model to come out lol