Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sick of Service issues no new buyers can anticipate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
or viper will start..
Personally I hate when snakes are kept in cars, especially when they are touch activated. I guess it would be worse if you're minding your own business driving down the road and vipers go into beast mode by themselves crawling up your leg and what not.

Keep us updated if you pursue the lemon law stuff, supposedly the newer ones are much better builds.

Build # 003097: Great Car. No problems. Quiet, smooth, peppy. Only one thing, it belongs to my wife, but she lets me drive it, anyway. Just crossed 5,000 miles. Sold my first S at 82,000, my second S has 70,000 on it. All virtually problem-less. Service Center is 115 miles away, went there once, -- to pick up the 3.

I just want to balance these "horrible car" threads. Way fewer problems than a gas car.

People like you are the reason Tesla owners get a bad reputation.
But, he's right. Tesla will fix it, for free, and most, nearly all, Teslas are problem free. Way fewer moving parts, unless you count the whole car moving down the road. I don't plan to buy anything else. And if people give me "a bad reputation", it certainly has not affected my life any. Tesla has affected it, positively.

cool down. He is just being humorous. If you had followed many of Buttershrimp's post you would know that..
"...I believe that most people can identify someone they know who uses humor to confront another about something he finds disagreeable. If the individual is then challenged about his confrontation, he likely backs off and says he was just kidding. This is used to deflect responsibility back on the person who was the brunt of the joke, stating that he is just being sensitive. In this manner, those using sarcasm in a hostile way are able to express displeasure without taking responsibility for it...."​

The Joke's on Who?

May I ask why out of two you would keep a 3? How is Roadster inferior?

The Roadster is not "inferior." The Roadster is too small to be "practical" and it lacks features I decided I wanted, specifically TACC and autosteer for added safety. The Model 3 is also way more comfortable. And last but not by any means least, the Model 3 has sufficient range to make my annual road trip up to Canada.

With the Roadster I needed to keep the Prius, for the long road trip and occasional hauling. The Model 3 will let me get rid of the Prius. When people visited I needed to use the Prius because the Roadster only has two seats. In addition to the range issue, the Roadster is too small for the luggage I need for the long trip. I really really wanted to make the long trip electric, and with the Model 3 I will.

In many ways the Roadster is superior: It's nicer looking and it's more fun to drive and quicker off the line. But as I approach my 70th birthday I decided to switch to a safer and more practical car. I highly recommend to everyone that they go to my eBay auction page and bid on my Roadster, because it's a fabulous car. It's probably the only Very Orange one on eBay right now. VIN ending 1117.

I bought the Roadster, not because I wanted a sports car, but because I wanted an electric car. Now with the Model 3 I have a more normal kind of car, but still electric, with 65 miles more range, room for five people, and lots of cargo space.

The Roadster is not "inferior." The Roadster is too small to be "practical" and it lacks features I decided I wanted, specifically TACC and autosteer for added safety. The Model 3 is also way more comfortable. And last but not by any means least, the Model 3 has sufficient range to make my annual road trip up to Canada.

With the Roadster I needed to keep the Prius, for the long road trip and occasional hauling. The Model 3 will let me get rid of the Prius. When people visited I needed to use the Prius because the Roadster only has two seats. In addition to the range issue, the Roadster is too small for the luggage I need for the long trip. I really really wanted to make the long trip electric, and with the Model 3 I will.

In many ways the Roadster is superior: It's nicer looking and it's more fun to drive and quicker off the line. But as I approach my 70th birthday I decided to switch to a safer and more practical car. I highly recommend to everyone that they go to my eBay auction page and bid on my Roadster, because it's a fabulous car. It's probably the only Very Orange one on eBay right now. VIN ending 1117.

I bought the Roadster, not because I wanted a sports car, but because I wanted an electric car. Now with the Model 3 I have a more normal kind of car, but still electric, with 65 miles more range, room for five people, and lots of cargo space.
Thanks for sharing. Some of these cars ought to end up in the auto museums in the future. Just 2500 of them. First Teslas. First high range electric cars. Real collectible pieces :)

Last edited:
By the way my pano roof cracked on Sunday. I was in the car parked waiting for my wife when I heard a noise. It was the roof. my vin is 109**

I have a nice S85 with pano roof (one that opens!!) and autopilot until that is resolved so Tesla can take their time.. and of course I get to drive for 100 pc free..

By the way I was initially given an S60 with 130k miles and no autopilot initially. I drove back and requested a better loaner and nobody gave me a hard time. If you have your car in service for weeks you can simply drive back and request a better loaner or wait until a good car comes in...

So far very happy of the service.. definitely beats Toyota and Nissan.

"...I believe that most people can identify someone they know who uses humor to confront another about something he finds disagreeable. If the individual is then challenged about his confrontation, he likely backs off and says he was just kidding. This is used to deflect responsibility back on the person who was the brunt of the joke, stating that he is just being sensitive. In this manner, those using sarcasm in a hostile way are able to express displeasure without taking responsibility for it...."​

The Joke's on Who?

It's no wonder comedians are reluctant to do shows on college campuses with this kind of pc nonsense and joke analysis being done after every joke.

I found the joke funny. If some people's skins are too thin to handle it, then they need to look in the mirror and not at @buttershrimp's joke to try to pick it apart.

We will live in a world devoid of humour if we don't just:

cool down. He is just being humorous.

If I don't like a joke, I don't laugh. I don't attack the joke teller with some in depth psychoanalysis of why the joke was made. I'm so sick of all the phoney outrage we have to deal with today, from the top (you know who) all the way down to this forum.

The Joke's on Who?

Well done dude! Can’t argue with that! The truth comes out in joking my father always said , or to be exact, “you wouldn’t be so sensitive if you were my biological son”

Sweet man, he always said he was just joking. I learned to appreciate his humor during the many clown spankings and morning ice bucket pranks.

Anyway, what were we talking about?

Last edited:
It's no wonder comedians are reluctant to do shows on college campuses with this kind of pc nonsense and joke analysis being done after every joke.

I found the joke funny. If some people's skins are too thin to handle it, then they need to look in the mirror and not at @buttershrimp's joke to try to pick it apart.

We will live in a world devoid of humour if we don't just:

If I don't like a joke, I don't laugh. I don't attack the joke teller with some in depth psychoanalysis of why the joke was made. I'm so sick of all the phoney outrage we have to deal with today, from the top (you know who) all the way down to this forum.
Thanks guys! I’ve always said this forum has been very unfair to me, but I will try to better myself. I’m starting a go fund me page to go to the Anxiety Ranger (peace be upon him) Comedy University for Hilarity Sciences

Well done dude! Can’t argue with that! The truth comes out in joking my father always said , or to be exact, “you wouldn’t be so sensitive if you were my biological son”

That really did make me laugh out loud -- it also got a good laugh from my wife when I told it to her. You should work on a routine and give stand up a try, if you haven't already.