Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side blinkers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been looking at many of the RC photos lately and noticed that if I were in a vehicle next to the M3 and the M3 signaled to come over would I notice? You, know haven't you been on the road next to a car and you both signal and move towards the same lane at the same time? I have a lengthy and trafficy commute every day and that happens too often and freaks me out. Anyway, especially with the wrap around reflectors being passive due to one being the charging port cover, the M3 does not look to communicate Lane change intent to immediately sideways vehicles...

gesj0jk5545z.jpg

And here

e8f1x50m645z.jpg

I assume the AP camera housing on the front fender is blinker just like on the S or X. Other than that, don't see how this is different than any other car.

That's why you need to check blind spot and have situational awareness. It's never a good idea to change lanes next to someone if at all possible.

Most cars don't have side blinkers (markers) and those that do, typically have them in the front so that if you were truly beside the vehicle you'd actually see it.

I don't think there's an actual issue here.

I can also confirm that on the RCs the front, side, AP cameras do have blinkers like S/X
I did not realize that those things blinked. Thanks.

Reactions: JeffK