Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Cameras Loose

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just dropped off my car to have the MCU2 installed. I asked the service manager about the side cameras being loose. They're not falling out but you can wiggle them. They tell me that's how it is as the cameras are held in by plastic tabs, not screws. The tech said there's no risk of them falling out but if I can wiggle them, I'm concerned they may come off at the carwash for example.

My car is a late 2016 model S, anyone have this issue?

I had the same story and response about my Model Y. I was very surprised that they weren't better secured as well as you would think that the additional vibrations of being loose, would impact the picture and usefulness of the image they provide to AutoPilot

I just replaced these cameras on my Model S today and found this thread since one of the new ones is a little loose. I wouldn’t worry about them falling out, since even with the clips all disengaged, they’re still a royal pain in the ass to fully remove. I had to practically destroy one to free it from the car, AFTER disengaging all the clips. The looseness does feel really cheap though...

Last edited: