Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Collision Avoidance and curb rash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ouch indeed. The sensors appear not look down very well. So pull up to a wall and the car warns you. Pull up to a low curb and the first indication of a problem is the sound of the car crunching into the curb.

I posted a picture a while back showing how I was able to get the front end of the car literally over a low curb. Just barely cleared the bottom of the front bumper. But no warning from the sensors.

Not a complaint, BTW, just an observation and a cautionary tale.

I posted a picture a while back showing how I was able to get the front end of the car literally over a low curb. Just barely cleared the bottom of the front bumper. But no warning from the sensors.

Yep. And just a few hours too late for me, unfortunately. Today I pulled into a spot that had a rather tall bumper and the first sign I had was from the bumper of my car that rode right over the top of it. Ouch. Just chin rash, but still.

With respect to the front of the car, I highly recommend the front camera switch kit.

artsci is considering another production run. Here's the thread:

Determining Interest in 2nd run of front-rear camera switch for touchscreen