Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Collision Warning ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2017 S75D - with the full AP software. While driving on a freeway , I was in the middle lane. Encountered slow moving traffic and change lanes to the left most. I was not on AP and when my nose pulled near the A pillar of the car I just passed, the car starts moving into my lane. I see it and instinctively swerve and move onto the shoulder. I did not receive a warning and not a peep from the car. I re viewed the left side repeater footage and it confirms that the car did move into my lane and moved back while I was half on the shoulder.

Is this expected behavior ? I just assumed that the car would warn me of the impending collision if I had not moved.

Should the clip be sent to tesla - currently I am not sharing any data with them.

Eh, the side collision avoidance isn't great. Lots of people have high expectations, and are let down.

Never had side collision avoidance trigger on AP2 (yet). Though I think I've had a side collision warning beep at me... can't remember.

Had it trigger twice on AP1, both times I was in my lane, and not in AP, the steering wheel got tight, and nudged me away from the perceived threat. The problem was, both times I wasn't really in any danger. But other times when a car was about to hit me, the side collision avoidance acts like nothing happened.