Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror glare from dash (interior) - options?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, my white interior Y was in service and had a Model 3 loaner with black interior (loaner did have tinted windows)...and I saw nothing compared to what you see in the picture. I know there are carbon and other options to change the dash color: anyone out there, have you tried to limit this glare with intent on keeping the dash white?

Was thinking possibly stealth PPF?

1656825021834.png

I have a white interior on my M3LR which I have had for a month. The glare is horrible. I have a MYLR on order and think I may need to change my white interior preference to black. What say you those with the dark interior. Glare issues?

Reactions: tander
This reflection is better or worse depending on the direction of the sunlight hitting the dash. I experience the same and with tinted windows the problem is amplified to the point where that side mirror is useless. Some have said they're so used to it they don't even notice it but not sure how you can miss this other than not using the side mirror at all. I've got a dark wood dash cover from Hillsmade on order which should lessen the problem. The upper part of the dash where it is black is barely noticeable so I think covering the white dash with something dark or black is the only solution. I am contemplating turning the silver middle part black also... My windshield is also tinted but basically clear as the primary focus was heat rejection.

Reactions: digitaldad