TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Side mirror looks weird.

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by nando2323, Jul 26, 2018.

1. nando2323

nando2323 Member

My side mirror looks weird see picture. I think maybe the protection film is on it but I can’t tell. I tried to catch an edge to peek it off but I don’t see or feel one. Anyone else’s mirror look like this. Driver side looks normal.

7A0729A7-5FF9-4C20-82D6-A037D527A23B.jpeg

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

The interior section of the side mirrors autodims just like your rear view mirror. The outer perimeter does not dim which is why it still has normal coloring. It looks like that side mirror is stuck in dimming mode during daylight. Maybe try doing the two scroll wheel button reboot to see if that fixes it? I forget off the top of my head if you can turn autodimming off in the settings. If you can try toggling the autodimming to see if that fixes it too.

3. nando2323

nando2323 Member

I’ll try that.

4. nando2323

nando2323 Member

Yeah I’m pretty sure it’s defective. I tried the reboot and I got the latest firmware the other day too and it’s still green. Also another thing I noticed it doesn’t keep the profile setting on that mirror even though I saved it.

5. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Maybe just a loose connector? Bring it into service.

6. nando2323

nando2323 Member

Could be. I tried calling the number and it says that I can make an appointment online but I go there and it says coming soon. I then called the local SC and they told me they’ll call me back since they never seen that issue.