TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Side mirror position when reversing

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ilikebeef, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ilikebeef

ilikebeef Member

Does anyone have problems with the side mirror settings not saving to the adjusted position even after saving the changes to your profile? It seems like the side mirrors only adjust up or down but won't save the settings for inwards and outwards.

BTW these are the steps I took to adjust the side mirrors when reversing
    1. Set car to reverse
    2. Go to quick controls to side mirrors
    3. Adjust side mirrors
    4. Press save and done.

2. RedM3

RedM3 Member

In Reverse ..it automatically moves the sides mirrors down.. didn't think you can actually save reverse mirror positions.

3. Lon12

Lon12 Member

I find it helpful if TMC members put their vehicle type in their signature so I know which one they are referring to. An Avatar of a Model 3 would work as well.
    I can tell you the S saves reverse mirrror positions.

4. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

ilikebeef, Did you look in your owner's manual to see what features your driver profile saves with it? Like Lon12 said, on the S, we can save those settings. Don't know about the 3. What are you driving a 3 or S/X?

5. doubleatheman

doubleatheman Member

I've had a different issue I thought you were getting at. My model 3 actually "forgot" to put the mirror back up after I was done reversing. I didn't notice untill I was merging... Suddenly I was getting on the freeway and stairing at the ground! (It's not happened since the software update a few weeks back)

6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

You know that - that's two different mirror settings, correct? You save while the car is in Reverse, then put it in drive/forward and insure they are where you want them and save again.

7. ilikebeef

ilikebeef Member

Sorry guys. Should have said I have the model 3

8. pdx3181

pdx3181 Supporting Member

This happened to me - repeatedly. I ended up having the entire mirror replaced under warranty. (Model X)