Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror reverse tilt

MYMY

Feb 29, 2020
USA
I like the side mirrors downward tilt when MY is in reverse but is there anyway to adjust how much of a tilt? Tried to adjust the mirrors while in reverse but it is only temporary and saving the change effects the side mirror’s normal position.

Dude85D

Nov 3, 2015
LA/OC
You should be able to adjust it, while in Reverse, then save it. When you put it back in Drive, it should go back.

I just tried it and for some reason after saving it and putting it back in Drive, the mirrors were still pointing down. I switched to a different profile then switched back and it was normal again. I think this is a bug. Now when I put it in Reverse, it did tilt down. When I put it back in Drive, it went back to normal.

TrevTremaine

Mar 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You should be able to adjust it, while in Reverse, then save it. When you put it back in Drive, it should go back.

I just tried it and for some reason after saving it and putting it back in Drive, the mirrors were still pointing down. I switched to a different profile then switched back and it was normal again. I think this is a bug. Now when I put it in Reverse, it did tilt down. When I put it back in Drive, it went back to normal.

Just to note, if you continue to see that the mirrors don't change back when you put it in Drive, it may be a sensor issue in the mirror itself. I've been reading on a Tesla Facebook page that some people are having the same problem and in the end Tesla replaces the mirror assembly.

steve841

Jan 17, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Just needing to explore this a bit more ...

I tried adjusting my mirror tilt position in reverse and saving the setting on the driver profile.

Tried after saving and reverted to original ultra low tilt.

E_R_N

Jun 16, 2020
Vancouver
I just created a new profile called reverse and set the angle to what I liked and select it when I need it. I dont really use the dipped reverse function except when parallel parking so I have the best of both worlds.

maximus96

Apr 19, 2020
Bay Area CA
I just created a new profile called reverse and set the angle to what I liked and select it when I need it. I dont really use the dipped reverse function except when parallel parking so I have the best of both worlds.
Thanks. That’s a good idea. I don’t know if I like the mirrors constantly going up and down when I make small adjustments when parking. I feel like I might wear out the motors...

NY_Rob

Feb 13, 2020
Long Island
MY Owners Manual Page 48:

Mirror Auto Tilt:
Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when Model Y is shifted into Reverse. When you shift back into Drive, the mirrors return to their normal (upward) position.To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Tilt.

maximus96

Apr 19, 2020
Bay Area CA
MY Owners Manual Page 48:

Mirror Auto Tilt:
Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when Model Y is shifted into Reverse. When you shift back into Drive, the mirrors return to their normal (upward) position.To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Tilt.

but no settings for how much it tilts.

Reactions: MP3Mike

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC