Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror reverse tilt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the side mirrors downward tilt when MY is in reverse but is there anyway to adjust how much of a tilt? Tried to adjust the mirrors while in reverse but it is only temporary and saving the change effects the side mirror’s normal position.

You should be able to adjust it, while in Reverse, then save it. When you put it back in Drive, it should go back.

I just tried it and for some reason after saving it and putting it back in Drive, the mirrors were still pointing down. I switched to a different profile then switched back and it was normal again. I think this is a bug. Now when I put it in Reverse, it did tilt down. When I put it back in Drive, it went back to normal.

You should be able to adjust it, while in Reverse, then save it. When you put it back in Drive, it should go back.

I just tried it and for some reason after saving it and putting it back in Drive, the mirrors were still pointing down. I switched to a different profile then switched back and it was normal again. I think this is a bug. Now when I put it in Reverse, it did tilt down. When I put it back in Drive, it went back to normal.

Just to note, if you continue to see that the mirrors don't change back when you put it in Drive, it may be a sensor issue in the mirror itself. I've been reading on a Tesla Facebook page that some people are having the same problem and in the end Tesla replaces the mirror assembly.

I just created a new profile called reverse and set the angle to what I liked and select it when I need it. I dont really use the dipped reverse function except when parallel parking so I have the best of both worlds.

I just created a new profile called reverse and set the angle to what I liked and select it when I need it. I dont really use the dipped reverse function except when parallel parking so I have the best of both worlds.
Thanks. That’s a good idea. I don’t know if I like the mirrors constantly going up and down when I make small adjustments when parking. I feel like I might wear out the motors...

MY Owners Manual Page 48:

Mirror Auto Tilt:
Both exterior mirrors can automatically tilt downward when Model Y is shifted into Reverse. When you shift back into Drive, the mirrors return to their normal (upward) position.To turn this feature on or off, touch Controls > Quick Controls > Mirrors > Mirror Auto Tilt.