Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirror tilt in MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
as far as I can tell, the only option is to have both mirrors tilt down when shifting into reverse or to not have the mirrors tilt in reverse. Anyone know of a way to only have the passenger side mirror tilt while the driver’s sude mirror stays in its original orientation? If not, I’d welcome this in a firmwear update.

From the manual:

To adjust the auto-tilt position, shift into Reverse, then adjust the mirrors as described above (press the button associated with the mirror you want to adjust, then press the dial to move the mirror to the desired position). Touch Save on the touchscreen to save the mirror adjustment in your driver profile.

Can’t you adjust the left mirror (or maybe in your case not adjust) to the normal position and only tilt the passenger side mirror? You should be able to move the mirrors to any position you want when in reverse.

Give this a try.

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
From the manual:

To adjust the auto-tilt position, shift into Reverse, then adjust the mirrors as described above (press the button associated with the mirror you want to adjust, then press the dial to move the mirror to the desired position). Touch Save on the touchscreen to save the mirror adjustment in your driver profile.

Can’t you adjust the left mirror (or maybe in your case not adjust) to the normal position and only tilt the passenger side mirror? You should be able to move the mirrors to any position you want when in reverse.

Give this a try.

I literally just did this last week when I didn't like my driver's side tilt and it works. Its still not 100% where I want it, but the passenger side mirror is perfect and the driver's side is better for both reversing and normal operation.