Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Mirrors auto extend function not working anymore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is the scenario where they fail to work. Is anyone else seeing this?

Does NOT work
- push button on drivers side to manually close mirrors (I have to do this in my garage)
- park car and leave w/fob
- return to vehicle and drive away
- mirrors fail to open. Normally when the car hits 10-20+ mph the mirrors auto extend. They are not.

Does work
- with fob, when you walk away from the car the car locks AND mirrors close
- on return w/fob, mirrors extend

My X was in the service center for a 2nd "annual" maintenance (I'm at almost 30k within 18 months) and then later that night I received a prompt to do an update to .46. Next day I noticed the issue. Not sure what caused. Could have been a coincidence as well.

Here is the scenario where they fail to work. Is anyone else seeing this?

Does NOT work
- push button on drivers side to manually close mirrors (I have to do this in my garage)
- park car and leave w/fob
- return to vehicle and drive away
- mirrors fail to open. Normally when the car hits 10-20+ mph the mirrors auto extend. They are not.

Does work
- with fob, when you walk away from the car the car locks AND mirrors close
- on return w/fob, mirrors extend

My X was in the service center for a 2nd "annual" maintenance (I'm at almost 30k within 18 months) and then later that night I received a prompt to do an update to .46. Next day I noticed the issue. Not sure what caused. Could have been a coincidence as well.

I’ve noticed after the last update that the mirrors don’t “deploy” till 30mph now for some reason.

I spoke with Tesla Support and they confirmed at 31mph the mirrors auto fold-out in recent OTA update. This was a decision made internally the Rep said. My only guess is it is for better aero-dynamics. But it's frustrating since my Village has a 30mph speed limit.

I spoke with Tesla Support and they confirmed at 31mph the mirrors auto fold-out in recent OTA update. This was a decision made internally the Rep said. My only guess is it is for better aero-dynamics. But it's frustrating since my Village has a 30mph speed limit.
I am impressed. You will not exceed speed limit by 1 mph. Although mirrors frustrating to you imagine people stuck behind you.

SilverUnicorn, the position of the mirrors is stored in the driver's profile. And if you have configured your profiles to each fob, that also may be complicating your issue. I am thinking that you might have backed in, closed the mirrors and saved a driver profile with the mirrors folded. So, when you go out with one fob, the don't unfold. But when you go out with the other fob they do.

I recommend you unfold them save the driver profile and retry the leave the car and return to see if this helps.