Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side Mirrors don't automatically unfold

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to 2019.36.2.1 a few days ago and twice now my side mirrors didn't automatically unfold when I got into the car. What's worse since this is the first time it's happened I didn't noticed until I was already on the road and you can't unfold the windows while in drive so you need to pull over to do it. I know you are supposed to check your mirrors each and every time before you start driving (yada yada yada) but this should never happen.

Any one else have this issue? And also how do I report this bug to Telsa?

thanks

There's a bug in summon etc. That if you don't have mirror fold enabled it will still fold your mirrors and they won't unfold when you drive. But I believe they unfold eventually at a certain speed maybe 30mph not sure. Anyways if they don't unfold at that point there's something wrong.

Yes, I noticed this today after I got the update. I didn't even notice it until I wanted to change lanes and then woah! no mirror! I had to open them while I was driving. So safe to be poking around at that screen while driving! NOT! But they opened and everything was fine after that. I only drove it once since the update though so i don't know if it will happen again. I'll have to pay attention when I get in it tomorrow.

Reactions: streetskooler
I had this happen once last year, but only one of the mirrors (I think driver side). Has happened for the last 2 day’s now. I wonder if it’s a software thing? It is colder now, but I just don’t know anymore. One off or more widespread?

Had this happen today (first day driving on 36.2) after leaving work- left mirror was fine, passenger side remained folded- didn't notice till I was on the highway.

They won't unfold on the screen controls until you're doing under 30, so had to trust looking over shoulder plus the EAP lane change detection when moving to the right until I got off the highway.

So definitely seems to be a bug 36.2 introduced.

Have had it happen twice (driver's side mirror only). Last time tonight on the way home from dinner. Couldn't push it out by hand. Will reboot before driving tomorrow and hope that fixes it.

Same here on the driver's side. Happened twice while driving home at night, no problem in the morning when the car was parked in my garage. Appears to happen after the last update, but not sure if it is the cold. If I go into the menus and press fold and unfold mirrors twice, it does unfold.

Had the issue this week. It was a bit wet outside and cold, but above freezing. Driver side mirror did not fold out. Did it manually. Got home and into the garage and it didn't retract.Did it manually. Next morning it didn't unfold. Did the reboot and it started working normally and haven't had a re-occurrence, yet.

Reactions: -DB-
My driver's side mirror getting stuck too. So far, it's happened on three separate occasions in the last week, but I've been able to fix it while driving via the fold/unfold button in the menu (which isn't the safest thing in the world). It's getting cold here and it's about the time of year to disable folding anyway, but I'm glad to see this _seems_ to be software related.

I updated to 2019.36.2.1 a few days ago and twice now my side mirrors didn't automatically unfold when I got into the car. What's worse since this is the first time it's happened I didn't noticed until I was already on the road and you can't unfold the windows while in drive so you need to pull over to do it. I know you are supposed to check your mirrors each and every time before you start driving (yada yada yada) but this should never happen.

Any one else have this issue? And also how do I report this bug to Telsa?

thanks
You can use the voice command "unfold mirrors" while driving