Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirrors drooping?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My June-delivered Y has an issue with the side mirrors "drooping" little by little with each trip until they are pointing significantly further downward than the saved position. I then re-point them, and the same thing happens. I've turned off the reverse-downward-shift feature, so I'll see if that helps, but has anyone else seen this issue?

I've been wondering the same thing as my side mirror horizon keeps getting lower. It takes a while to notice the change, but it's been bugging me lately. I have not gotten rid of the tilt as I use that to back into the garage. During this experience I've also noticed that the driver memory does not save the reverse-tilt down mirror position either, which is odd. I've thought about opening a service ticket with Tesla for this, but I've opened enough of those already to fix delivery issues over the past few months.

Another similar issue is that the tire pressure screen positions, do not always match where the tires are actually on the car. I've had this happen several times and am surprised that they haven't fixed this either.

Reactions: RNHurt
If you change the side view mirror positions before you shift from Park to Drive and you have created an Easy Entry profile then you will need to also set the mirror position for your normal profile. This also true for the driver's seat position and the steering wheel position.

My June-delivered Y has an issue with the side mirrors "drooping" little by little with each trip until they are pointing significantly further downward than the saved position. I then re-point them, and the same thing happens. I've turned off the reverse-downward-shift feature, so I'll see if that helps, but has anyone else seen this issue?
Yes. There are other threads on this. I believe it was a software issue with the auto-tilt function.

I can confirm that I have the exact same issue on my Model Y. I found this thread when I was going to post the same issue. Every few weeks I have to go in and raise the mirrors because they keep getting lower. I don't use Easy Entry, but I will try and turn off the auto-tilt.

I've noticed the same thing in my MY. I thought it was just me or that maybe I was doing something wrong. Yes, every week or so I have to re-adjust my mirrors up slightly because they get a bit lower each time I back up.

Same thing happens to my June delivered Y.