Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side mirrors not keeping saved position when backing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
With my P85D, while I was in reverse, I could point the side mirrors down and in(so I can see the tire near the curb) and save that in the profile so that reverse has it's own positions for the side mirrors.

On the refresh, I adjusted the side mirrors while in reverse and pressed save but it doesn't actually save. If I go forward, the mirrors go to their normal saved position for my profile but as soon as I go in reverse again, the mirrors just point down some, not as far as I set it, and they stay pointed out. It's like reverse simply points the mirrors down some at whatever in or out position they happen to be at. This is totally useless since I have the side mirrors pointed out at an angle like you're supposed to rather than straight back.

Anyone have a solution for this? So far I just have to go to the controls on the screen and manually adjust the mirror every time I back up into spot that's next to a curb.