Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side repeater camera view on screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Model X 90D with full self driving. I noticed on some of the newer Model X’s you can view the side repeater cameras on the large Center screen. I currently have a MCU1 with HW3. If I was to upgrade to MCU2 would I be able to get the side view cameras on the screen?

below is a photo of the feature I’m referring to

Attachments

• B7E340F6-E9C0-4D86-946C-9CD37BEB3F43.jpeg
    B7E340F6-E9C0-4D86-946C-9CD37BEB3F43.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,243
The side view is available in reverse on MCU2 vehicles. My impression is the additional views are great for backing out of the garage and seeing an object along side the car; however, my primary focus remains the rear cameras and the "guide" lines. That said, rumors suggest Tesla may turn on the side rear-faced cameras when initiating the turn signal tp change lanes. I think that would be extremely valuable when coupled with the blind spot anti-collision systems.

Reactions: andrewdtran
I have a 2017 Model X 90D with full self driving. I noticed on some of the newer Model X’s you can view the side repeater cameras on the large Center screen. I currently have a MCU1 with HW3. If I was to upgrade to MCU2 would I be able to get the side view cameras on the screen?

below is a photo of the feature I’m referring to
Yes. When I upgraded my 2016 S9D from MCU1 to MCU2 I now see side repeater cameras in several views, including reverse. Great feature of the upgrade.

You can see the side cameras going forward also. Not sure what you all are looking at, but this has been out for MCU 2 cars at least for months. Bring up the rear camera and drag up the arrow at the bottom of the screen (if I recall properly, it’s a one time thing) to see the rear side cameras. I use this for added blind spot monitoring but the AP blind spot AI has been getting better (not letting you change lanes where there’s a car).

@atc789 Boaterva post is correct. If you select the rear view camera there is a indicator that you can select to view the two rear facing side repeater cameras. I find the Blind Spot warning system very good on the dash (front of steering wheel) on the X. So I don't watch the repeaters.

You drag it up from the bottom as I said. Seemed to be obvious to me. :D It’s shown in lots of YouTube videos.once you drag it up it should stick up.

Edit: try 3:30 or so of this random video (don’t follow this guy, just googled it lol).

Last edited:
Have you upgraded to MCU2? If so, you just swipe up on the bottom of the screen when the backup camera is up.

If you still have MCU1 you can't see the side repeaters.
We haven't installed MCU2 yet so I'm not looking for them now on our car. I just want to make sure everyone has them because they would be part of the reason for us to upgrade & it seems like some people report they don't have them. But I'm starting to think it's just a matter of knowing how to display them.