Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side to side swaying while on Autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am experiencing slight side to side swaying within my lane while traveling at highway speeds (>60 mph). Seems like AP is trying to maintain a straight trajectory from the visualization on the screen. Is this common? Feels like I'm on a swaying boat sometimes.

Reactions: fiatlux
if your car is all stock, then yes, it's common as the stock suspension doesn't perform well at high speed. A bunch of my fellow model 3 owner friends and I all experienced the same thing. The said swaying disappeared after we upgraded our suspension to either MPP or KWV3
Interesting… I’ve never heard of Tesla’s stock suspension as being the cause of the occasional swaying while on autopilot. I could be wrong, but I thought the general consensus is the swaying that most people have experienced is strictly software related. I’ve been on MPP suspension for a while now and still experience the occasional swaying when on autopilot, depending on what Tesla has done/tweaked with their latest software update. So, unless the alignment on your particular vehicle is way off, I think any swaying will be software related and thus should be considered “normal” when driving any Tesla vehicle on autopilot.

Interesting… I’ve never heard of Tesla’s stock suspension as being the cause of the occasional swaying while on autopilot. I could be wrong, but I thought the general consensus is the swaying that most people have experienced is strictly software related. I’ve been on MPP suspension for a while now and still experience the occasional swaying when on autopilot, depending on what Tesla has done/tweaked with their latest software update. So, unless the alignment on your particular vehicle is way off, I think any swaying will be software related and thus should be considered “normal” when driving any Tesla vehicle on autopilot.
Yeah I only notice it while I'm on AP. If I am driving manually or using TACC there is zero sway. I think it's software related too.