Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side view mirror issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm,

Just jumped in my model s and driver side rear mirror stayed folded in. I got out and it seemed loose?

I then closed door and locked car, then reopened door and all is good again.

Any ideas?

My mirrors also periodically fail to fold/unfold. Usually it's just one or the other, not both. Pressing the button on the door seems to resolve it manually, but it always happens again eventually.

I had it checked out by Tesla a few months ago, and at that time there was nothing they could do. They thought it was a software issue that was fixed several versions ago, but mine still malfunctions every once in awhile. Essentially they said they're limited to fixes provided by Tesla, and the mirrors were still too new to have anything they could do.

Might be worth checking to see if that's still the case. Let us know what you find, though.

I'm on the latest firmware version and it happened to me yesterday but it was the first time in a while. The button trick works to fix it.

The good in this is a few firmware versions ago it used to happen to me every day so the problem has been improved. Hopefully another firmware update will fix it completely.