Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side view mirror malfunction with profile change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
Not sure if anyone else has this problem: whenever I change my profile to Valet or to my wife, upon return to my profile, the passenger side mirror is pointed at the ground. I have it set on all the profiles to not tilt down upon reverse (except the Valet, which I cannot seem to change). In fact, if I stay in park, and change from my profile to any other profile and immediately back, the mirror immediately changes to being pointed at the ground. I reset the position, save it, but it sill occurs each and every time I change profiles. This has been since I have owned the car, so across multiple software updates.
Anyone else???

Try disconnecting the 12 volt battery for a few minutes and reconnect it.

Had the exact same issue earlier this week when I got my Model S back from a detailer. Passenger side mirror would keep moving down after changing driver profiles until it bottoms out. It would also not return to its original position after using auto tilt. It was driving me crazy.

After doing that, it fixed the issue for me and now my passenger side mirror is working as well as auto tilt.

Try disconnecting the 12 volt battery for a few minutes and reconnect it.

Had the exact same issue earlier this week when I got my Model S back from a detailer. Passenger side mirror would keep moving down after changing driver profiles until it bottoms out. It would also not return to its original position after using auto tilt. It was driving me crazy.

After doing that, it fixed the issue for me and now my passenger side mirror is working as well as auto tilt.
Thanks, but that didn't work. I left it unplugged for about 10 minutes.

Mobile service just came out to inspect the car. They said water leaked into the mirror mechanism and the car has to be brought in for service to see if there is deeper damage.
eek! What came of this? I have a new 2023 Model S Plaid and my passenger mirror was tiled way OUT and I had to re-adjust with controls). It happened when it was raining and did it 3 more times. Hasn't happened in a week now...

It disappeared for a while, then came back during heavy rain, only this time, much worse in that my window would continuously roll down on its own, while raining. It sucked. They had to replace all the wiring throughout the entire door.