TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Side view mirror not auto-unfolding when starting car

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by SDKoala, May 12, 2018.

1. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Anyone else seeing this issue? For the past 2 days, when getting into the car for the first time in the morning, the passenger side view mirror doesn't extend from the folded position. It doesn't move at all. It can be fixed by going through the UI to cycle through folding and unfolding the side view mirrors, so it's doesn't seem like a physical motor problem.

I don't want to disable mirror folding because I like that they fold up, which is especially nice in tight parking spots.

I dread having to deal with the service center again, which is what Tesla advised by phone, so if anyone has any suggestions aside from the regular resetting procedure, I'm all ears.

2. Tezlanian

Tezlanian Member

Supposedly the bug reporting feature through voice command outlined in the manual works now. Might give that a try. Might be better than most options if it uploads data to help them fix it.

3. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Guess it's just me. Not looking forward to another service center debacle.

4. PoitNarf

PoitNarf My dog's breath smells like dog food

There was another thread about this not too long ago. Several of us here, myself included, have experienced this. I’ve only had it happen twice so far but it’s been ok for a few weeks now. What software version is your 3 running?

5. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

Have you rebooted car? That is always first recourse when you see a software error.

• Funny x 1
  6. rhaekar

rhaekar Member

It happened to me a couple of times at the beginning but now it works all the time. Just one of those weird gremlins. If it keeps happening then you should schedule a service center appointment.

7. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Still on 14.13.

8. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

First thing I did.

9. Boourns

Boourns Active Member

10. SDKoala

SDKoala Model 3 LR RWD

Exact same problem. I would have posted to that thread if I could have found it. Search is really bad on this site. Seems like a software glitch since the window can still be folded/unfolded from the UI. I just know that it won't happen if I take it in to the service center, so not worth the hassle right now.