Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side view mirror not auto-unfolding when starting car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SDKoala

M3LR RWD / MYLR
Apr 11, 2018
San Diego
Anyone else seeing this issue? For the past 2 days, when getting into the car for the first time in the morning, the passenger side view mirror doesn't extend from the folded position. It doesn't move at all. It can be fixed by going through the UI to cycle through folding and unfolding the side view mirrors, so it's doesn't seem like a physical motor problem.

I don't want to disable mirror folding because I like that they fold up, which is especially nice in tight parking spots.

I dread having to deal with the service center again, which is what Tesla advised by phone, so if anyone has any suggestions aside from the regular resetting procedure, I'm all ears.

Anyone else seeing this issue? For the past 2 days, when getting into the car for the first time in the morning, the passenger side view mirror doesn't extend from the folded position. It doesn't move at all. It can be fixed by going through the UI to cycle through folding and unfolding the side view mirrors, so it's doesn't seem like a physical motor problem.

I don't want to disable mirror folding because I like that they fold up, which is especially nice in tight parking spots.

I dread having to deal with the service center again, which is what Tesla advised by phone, so if anyone has any suggestions aside from the regular resetting procedure, I'm all ears.

Supposedly the bug reporting feature through voice command outlined in the manual works now. Might give that a try. Might be better than most options if it uploads data to help them fix it.

There was another thread about this not too long ago. Several of us here, myself included, have experienced this. I’ve only had it happen twice so far but it’s been ok for a few weeks now. What software version is your 3 running?

I've had it happen a handful of times. Not in a couple weeks though.

Passenger side mirror not folding out

Exact same problem. I would have posted to that thread if I could have found it. Search is really bad on this site. Seems like a software glitch since the window can still be folded/unfolded from the UI. I just know that it won't happen if I take it in to the service center, so not worth the hassle right now.