TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Side View Mirror Park Issue

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by andrwmg, Jul 20, 2018.

1. andrwmg

andrwmg New Member

Does anyone else have the issue where the left (or right) side view mirror glass turns inward when the car is put into park?

The mirrors are still folded out, but the actual glass is turning inward in a way that makes it virtually impossible to see oncoming traffic when getting out of the car.

I took my M3 to service and they replaced the side view mirror, but the problem is still there.

2. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

They move between reverse and drive.. Could this be your issue?

3. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Yeah probably the "tilt down" option when reversing. You can shut that off in the UI, correct?

Although if the SC replaced it...

4. andrwmg

andrwmg New Member

I do have the tilt down option selected and that works fine when I am reversing.

It's when I actually put the car in park that the mirror turns horizontally toward the steering wheel.

5. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Interesting. It's not just folding prematurely?

6. rluciano

rluciano Member

I had that happen on my Model S and the SC replaced my mirror and no issues since.

7. andrwmg

andrwmg New Member

The mirror housing doesn't fold in, just the mirror itself.

Same idea as the tilt down movement, but instead it is tilting as far to the right as it can. The right mirror, however, stays exactly where it should when the car is put into park.

I have even tried putting the car into park, adjusting the mirror back to where it regularly is, and saving that position in the hopes that there is just a separate setting for when the car is in park, but to no avail.

8. TT97

TT97 Member

Is your car on "Easy Entry" when this occurs? Easy Entry will save mirror settings. If that is the case, I would recommend deleting Easy Entry profile and creating a new one off of your profile so it should save your current mirror settings.

9. vamcc

vamcc New Member

Is Easy Entry enabled for the profile? If so worth checking the mirror setting on the Easy Entry profile.

10. andrwmg

andrwmg New Member

Deleted the easy entry profile and recreated it from my profile and problem solved! Thanks!

Now I just feel bad for replacing a perfectly good side view mirror...especially since this new one squeaks when it unfolds.

11. RayK

RayK Member

I feel bad for the service center that you took your car to. They should have figured out your problem without having to replace hardware.

12. TT97

TT97 Member

That seems to be the SC default - just changing hardware and not identifying the issue.

13. paladinfello

paladinfello Member

Sorry to thread jack, but when they replaced your Model 3 mirror, did they replace the entire mirror housing or just the components inside? Mine is getting wrapped right now and the passenger side mirror will not adjust, mirror folds fine but it’s stuck in the same position that it was delivered in. Tried soft and hard reboots to no avail.