Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side view mirror sag

FranknStein7

Jun 10, 2020
Virginia
I have noticed that over time, my side view mirrors tend to sag on my Model Y. Basically they aren't retaining the appropriate position. After about a week, I have to tilt them up again so I'm not looking at the ground. Anyone else have this issue?

glide

Jun 6, 2018
USA
I have noticed that over time, my side view mirrors tend to sag on my Model Y. Basically they aren't retaining the appropriate position. After about a week, I have to tilt them up again so I'm not looking at the ground. Anyone else have this issue?
Yep

VaxAce

Jul 22, 2020
New Jersey
wonde rif auto tilt is not properly storing the axis values OR because its auto tilting frequently its wearing the gears out and there is slippage. I had an Infiniti FX that did same. Having said that - I dislike auto tilt - never used it on the Y and I have no sagging ;)

Reactions: alexcue and Kelr316

NudleBoy

Sep 9, 2020
Ottawa
It's auto tilt not returning to it's position. It happened to all my previous cars. I don't think it's software, but the gears in the motor.

Velcade

Sep 18, 2019
Midwest
Holy hell! I thought I was going crazy. I've been adjusting my mirrors weekly trying to figure out why I can't see. Guess I'll turn off auto tilt. It tilts the mirrors a little too far down anyway for my liking.

E_R_N

Jun 16, 2020
Vancouver
Apparently the mirrors also have a calibration function that can be done by going full stroke left and hold it for a couple seconds, full stroke right and hold it, then back to center and do full stroke up a few times after it reaches the end and then the same down.

pallen

Oct 31, 2020
Farragut, Tennessee
I have the same problem after a month when I turn the car off and then on. I thought it was after being in reverse, and that is still a possibility, but now see that it appears to happen when I restart the car. I do not notice it right away, but rather when I get into traffic.

gallde

Jun 30, 2020
Tarrytown, NY
Same problem here. Saving settings whenever I reset them - Damn save dialog disappears too quickly! I also turned off auto-tilt, we'll see if that helps.

gallde

Jun 30, 2020
Tarrytown, NY
I'll try that dance.

Apparently the mirrors also have a calibration function that can be done by going full stroke left and hold it for a couple seconds, full stroke right and hold it, then back to center and do full stroke up a few times after it reaches the end and then the same down.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC