Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

side-view mirrors freezing folded in...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when severe weather hits and my side-view mirrors are folded in, they tend to freeze in and are hard to get back out to safely drive the vehicle.

I think it would make sense for tesla to program their system to NOT fold in the mirrors in freezing weather. is there anyway to get the mirrors to not fold in when the car locks itself? if so, how. by the way: i tried pressing the "always fold mirrors at this location" button, once or twice and neither seem to prevent them from folding.

Hi Someguy,

You would want to "unselect" the always fold mirrors...
Remember that you probably need to set it for 2 different profiles.
One for the "Easy Entry" and one for you...
I think it is usually on the Easy Entry profile when you leave and lock the car...

Shawn

"easy entry profile"?!? what are you talking about, if you don't mind me asking? how do I change the settings for it?

do I understand correctly that I'll need to set most any location that I park in bad weather to "unselect" the always fold mirrors...? every new place I park needs this setting?

It's not location specific. It's a general setting that is probably remembered in the driver's profile.
Easy Entry is a special profile that can optionally be engaged to moves the seat to a easier position to egress the vehicle.
Try reading the manual.