Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side View Mirrors Stopped Folding (Model X) - Software Issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same for me. So happy to see my mirrors dancing during the Model Xmas show last night...then so sad to see them not fold when I triple clicked to lock today.

I have a bit of OCD, so the triple click with the mirrors folding has replaced the sense of calm that used to come from hearing the chirp of locking my old car. So now I break out into cold sweats when I park the Tesla and it’s out of sight.

Same for me. So happy to see my mirrors dancing during the Model Xmas show last night...then so sad to see them not fold when I triple clicked to lock today.

I have a bit of OCD, so the triple click with the mirrors folding has replaced the sense of calm that used to come from hearing the chirp of locking my old car. So now I break out into cold sweats when I park the Tesla and it’s out of sight.

just click once, its better so it doesn't confuse the mirrors.

just click once, its better so it doesn't confuse the mirrors.
No, it's not better. :D If you have single click enabled, then any time you bend over, bump the fob, etc., the car locks and perhaps closes all doors if any are open. That's why that option lasted about two weeks, if I recall.

Triple click is the actual close/lock signal. Nothing to do with 'confusing' anything, it's one command.

Edit: Single-click is still *an option* but triple click was added ASAP as people kept closing doors on themselves and others....

Last edited:
No, it's not better. :D If you have single click enabled, then any time you bend over, bump the fob, etc., the car locks and perhaps closes all doors if any are open. That's why that option lasted about two weeks, if I recall.

Triple click is the actual close/lock signal. Nothing to do with 'confusing' anything, it's one command.

Edit: Single-click is still *an option* but triple click was added ASAP as people kept closing doors on themselves and others....

I wonder why they thought adding another option would prevent people from accidentally clicking it once. I use just one click even though our SA and DS pointed out we should use triple. I've also found that I accidentally single click a lot.

I wonder why they thought adding another option would prevent people from accidentally clicking it once. I use just one click even though our SA and DS pointed out we should use triple. I've also found that I accidentally single click a lot.
The point is/was you can disable single click. So that you can't do it by accident. Then you have only double (open) and triple (close).

If you want it to be that way.

What do you tell them? I tried calling Tesla support on Friday and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. He just recommended restarting my center console, etc.

I told them I demo'd the Christmas easter egg and the mirrors won't fold... they immediately knew what I was talking about. I did it again at the local car show in Seattle and sent them an email and they fixed it within a few minutes without needing to call.