Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side wheel well covers or inserts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

spokey

Aug 8, 2020
Flagtown
I'm talking about those recess wells in the back where things fall in to. Anyone know of covers or fitted containers for those areas?

It would be nice to at least have a cover so stuff didn't fall in like a gallon of milk did recently to me.

I'm talking about those recess wells in the back where things fall in to. Anyone know of covers or fitted containers for those areas?

It would be nice to at least have a cover so stuff didn't fall in like a gallon of milk did recently to me.
I have seen a product for covering the side compartments in the hatch area of the Model Y, not sure where I saw this.

I found this extender from RPM Tesla. Not exactly what you are looking for: Model Y Trunk Side Pocket Extender (1 Pair) - $17 with 20% Off

For groceries I like this organizer from Tesmanian (holds about 20% more items than other organizers I have found.) Tesla Model Y Rear Trunk Organizer

I'm OK for most of the groceries. I had a couple of these GSC Technologies 11 in. x 13 in. x 13 in. Black Milk Crate-MC131311-002 - The Home Depot that I moved from the Subaru to the MY when I got it. They are zip-tied together. It's the milk and juice bottles. I don't bag them as I think they are too heavy for my reusable bags and I won't use the single-use plastic. I can't get a milk bottle in the space along with a grocery bag .

That Tesmanian one might work better. Do you have it? Does it stay put? The milk crates slide all over the Tesmanian mat I have back there.

Those pocket extenders might help. I think I'd rather have a lid there but might try those extenders if I can't find anything else. If they hold decently, they should keep stuff from falling in which is my mail complaint.

I'm OK for most of the groceries. I had a couple of these GSC Technologies 11 in. x 13 in. x 13 in. Black Milk Crate-MC131311-002 - The Home Depot that I moved from the Subaru to the MY when I got it. They are zip-tied together. It's the milk and juice bottles. I don't bag them as I think they are too heavy for my reusable bags and I won't use the single-use plastic. I can't get a milk bottle in the space along with a grocery bag .

That Tesmanian one might work better. Do you have it? Does it stay put? The milk crates slide all over the Tesmanian mat I have back there.

Those pocket extenders might help. I think I'd rather have a lid there but might try those extenders if I can't find anything else. If they hold decently, they should keep stuff from falling in which is my mail complaint.
Yes, I use the Tesmanian trunk organizer. I also have the Tesmanian hatch floor liner installed in my Model Y. With the liner the truck organizer would slide around when empty. When transporting gallon containers of milk, water etc. the Tesmanian organizer does not slide. To prevent sliding I looped a short bungee cord through one of the handles of the organizer and the one of the child seat anchors on the rear of the second row seats. The Tesmanian organizer can be collapsed but I just leave it in the hatch area, only remove the organizer from the Moel Y if I need extra cargo room.

I usually place 1 gallon of bottled water in each of the wells, the container of water fits fine and can't tip over.

Yes, I use the Tesmanian trunk organizer. I also have the Tesmanian hatch floor liner installed in my Model Y. With the liner the truck organizer would slide around when empty. When transporting gallon containers of milk, water etc. the Tesmanian organizer does not slide. To prevent sliding I looped a short bungee cord through one of the handles of the organizer and the one of the child seat anchors on the rear of the second row seats. The Tesmanian organizer can be collapsed but I just leave it in the hatch area, only remove the organizer from the Moel Y if I need extra cargo room.

I usually place 1 gallon of bottled water in each of the wells, the container of water fits fine and can't tip over.
thanks

thinking of giving it a try.