Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Side window shatters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In 101 degree heat my side window shatters when pulling out of a parking lot going about 5-10 mile per hour. I heard a pop and looked back to see much of the window in little pieces in the car. I drove to the Westchase service center and had the worst treatment I have had since becoming an owner and loyal lover of my car. They insisted that it must have been hit by something. I said, not that I heard and since I was turning left onto a one way street their were no passing vehicles on the left side of the car. They said they will need to charge me to replace my window at $750 but it will take 4 days and there are no loaners available so I received an uber voucher for $100/per day to go to work etc. Trouble for me is I am in sales and my car is my way to get appointments. I have never been nearly accused of lying and not been provided a loaner from Audi or Ford. Telsa has sunk to a new low in Houston.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
My Model 3 driver's side window shattered while driving on CA 101 freeway. Not sure what caused it - there was a loud bang of glass exploding and all the glass pieces showered over me. Fortunately car was on autopilot so it did not impact my driving. I was wearing glasses so my eyes were not affected. It was scary. When I puled up, I dusted off the glass pieces. Fortunately, I did not get cut. I looked for a stone or bullet but did not find any. I think it is unlikely that a stone of bullet would make a big bang sound. I presume my recourse is to get it fixed thru insurance and pay my $500 deductible. Though I am a bit bummed to pay $500 if my window imploded.