Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sideview Mirror Cap Popped off by itself! Should replacement be under warranty?

Should replacement be covered under warranty?

• No, the replacement should not be covered under warranty.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SarasotaModelS

2017 Model X P100D Ludicrous AP3.0, FSD, MCU2
Mar 22, 2014
Sarasota, Florida
The cover flew off while I was driving on a freeway. Unfortunately the part shattered into multiple pieces. Since I did not hit anything to dislodge the cover, I feel it should be covered by Tesla under warranty. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790.2 KB · Views: 662
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 543
The cover flew off while I was driving on a freeway. Unfortunately the part shattered into multiple pieces. Since I did not hit anything to dislodge the cover, I feel it should be covered by Tesla under warranty. Any thoughts?

Just curious - what are those sensors inside the mirror box? I know the cables are for the motor that moves the mirror, but what are the other cables for?

Reminds me of my audi8. Less than a year old and the mirror fell off, I mean the whole assembly. Claimed I hit something but no dent or scratch in mirror assembly and the mirror intact. They did not cover under warrantee but reduced the fee because the same door window stopped working and they had to take the door apart anyway. When I bought the car in for a slow water leak in the car they claimed I had taken out the sun roof seal. There are worse companies