TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Siemens Versicharge EVSE Level 2 Charger - No Longer Available

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by drewfaulk, Feb 21, 2016.

1. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

Siemens Versicharge EVSE Level 2 Charger

Excellent condition Siemens Versicharge Level 2 EVSE electric vehicle charger. I installed it with a NEMA 14-50 plug so you can easily move it if you ever need to. This charger was only used for 4 months and is in outstanding condition. I used it to charge my Cadillac ELR, but it would work with any electric vehicle with a J1772 connector (which is all of them). I just bought a Tesla and it also works on it with an adapter that came with the car, however, I'm using the Tesla charger that comes with the vehicle instead. As a result, I don't need this anymore (I'm also selling my Cadillac ELR with +/- 9,000 miles on it as well if anyone is interested). I'm asking $375. It is $470 with tax at Home Depot, and that's without the NEMA 14-50 plug. In any case, thanks for looking.

List Date: 2/21/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Siemens Versicharge EVSE Level 2 Charger
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
    --------------------------------------
    7a3ae1c7-8312-4955-9264-c33664780c93.jpe
    b3812911-554d-41f4-a4f3-11034057e4a8.png
    3fa190bb-78b9-43d6-b5b7-744a4ad33717.jpe

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Can it charge at 40 amps, or just 30?

3. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

Just 30. Thanks!

4. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Not quite, although not your fault you didn't know. Siemens is still using the wrong GFI threshold so it doesn't work with all vehicles. Most notably for Tesla owners, it doesn't work with Roadster 2.0 and 2.5, although it works most of the time with Roadster 1.5. I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a Model S or any other EV.

Schneider was also using the wrong threshold until they corrected it a couple years ago. Siemens is now the only EVSE manufacturer who is not using the industry standard.

I don't mean to discourage anyone from buying this unless you might ever need to charge a Roadster. That said, you might have better luck advertising on the ELR or Leaf forums.

5. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

Thank you for the assistance. I should have been more careful in my wording; I didn't realize that the Roadsters were not compatible. In any case, it charges my Model S, with an adapter, at 30 amps (about 23 miles per hour), as well as my ELR, Chevy Volts, Nissan Leafs, etc.

Thanks again, and sorry for the misinformation on my part.