Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig 303, Vin 731 Delivered 12/31/2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The MX transaction was somewhat hectic but smooth and very quick. Here's a rough timeline...

9/14/2015 - Was invited to configure the X. Configured on the same day. All options (22", towing, ludicrous, cold weather)
10/2/2015 - Changed seat configuration to 6 seats after attending the reveal event.
12/21/2015 - Got a call that my X is getting close to being done. Apply for loan.
12/30/2015 - In the afternoon, I got a call from the DS letting me know that the X is ready and we need to finish the paperwork. I get insurance for the X.
12/31/2015 - Get docs in morning. I complete the docs, use my deposit for down payment, and send off via email and FedEx by around noon. The X is direct delivered to my house in Reno, NV at 6pm.

Very much enjoying the X so far. Still figuring out how to use all the features of the car. Here are some pics and a quick video overview of the door operations. Let me know if you guys want me to do a video on anything specific that could help to answer your questions on the car.

Door operations walkthru:
Model X doors overview - YouTube

Windshield:
Tesla Model X Windshield - YouTube

Center Console:
Tesla Model X center console - YouTube

3rd Row Seats:
Tesla Model X 3rd row seats - YouTube

Frunk:
Tesla Model X Frunk - YouTube

Trunk:
Tesla Model X trunk - YouTube

Attachments

• IMG_4975[1].JPG
    IMG_4975[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 438
  • IMG_4973[1].JPG
    IMG_4973[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 280
  • IMG_4957[1].JPG
    IMG_4957[1].JPG
    989.8 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Congratulations..Very good Video. When you have time and if you can post photos of the trunk/Cargo space will be very much appreciated...I saw some from Bonnie's photos of Low, flush and high positions of trunk space but could not appreciate the potential space within. I have 3 Kids and cargo space is very important. I am thinking of Thule transporter 665C to the tow hitch if need be.

We bought the booster seat at Target years ago, but this is identical to the one we have in the vid: Amazon.com : Cosco Juvenile Top Side Booster Car Seat, Turquoise : Baby

We use it for our 7 year old and the design of it makes it easy for her to buckle up herself since it isn't too bulky. It fits the X seats well (besides the color).

I will make some more short videos tomorrow morning when there is more light. Please let me know of anything specific anyone would like to see. So far, I have:

- Trunk space
- Frunk space
- Third row

Got my Modex X yesterday in Reno too! Question for you... I slid the front console storage compartment door open (the one that slides to the front of the car) but it seems to be stuck open, is there a non-obvious way to make it close?

Congrats! We should do a Reno X meetup LOL. Just as Bonnie mentioned, if you push up on the door as if you are trying to close it more, it'll retract close. It's slick.

Congrats on the X :) I would like to know how effective is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. Does it do an adequate job in preventing sunlight from entering the cabin? My family is sensitive to sunlight and we never open the sunroofs in any of our cars.

Yes, thanks. We really appreciate your efforts. Two things
1. If I was going to change anything on my config (too late now), it would be from the dark headliner to light. Now I'm noticing that lots of cars have black seats w a light headliner. Just weird that I never noticed something so obvious before. Do you like the dark?
2. I love the juxtaposition of the snowblower and the golf cart! :biggrin: Do you get that much snow in Reno!? Nice. Btw it's 4deg at my house right now. Uucgh ML

Congrats on the X :) I would like to know how effective is the tint on the panoramic windshield and skylights on the FWD. Does it do an adequate job in preventing sunlight from entering the cabin? My family is sensitive to sunlight and we never open the sunroofs in any of our cars.

My initial impressions are that if you are sensitive to sunlight, the windshield might be a bit much. Not so much in the FWD skylights since the opening are smaller and the angle in which the sun would project light. Have you been in an S with the pano roof? I would say it is equal to that tinting. But what makes the windshield on the X more problematic is that the angle of the sun could be directly in your face (unlike the skylights where the sun would shine from above), and although the tint does help, I will definitely be sure to keep a pair of sunglasses in the X.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thanks. We really appreciate your efforts. Two things
1. If I was going to change anything on my config (too late now), it would be from the dark headliner to light. Now I'm noticing that lots of cars have black seats w a light headliner. Just weird that I never noticed something so obvious before. Do you like the dark?
2. I love the juxtaposition of the snowblower and the golf cart! :biggrin: Do you get that much snow in Reno!? Nice. Btw it's 4deg at my house right now. Uucgh ML

1) I think the appeal of the light headliner is to make the cabin feel more roomier. I went with the black everything inside since I have 3 children and a light interior would be just asking for trouble. But I like the black headliner because there is so much natural light that comes in due to the huge windshield, it feels very bright and roomy despite all the black.

2) I live in the higher elevations of Reno, so although Reno itself is relatively mild in the winter, our house gets a bit more weather than the valley and usually 5 degrees cooler. It's a balmy 10 degrees here compared to your neck of the woods.

My initial impressions are that if you are sensitive to sunlight, the windshield might be a bit much. Not so much in the FWD skylights since the opening are smaller and the angle in which the sun would project light. Have you been in an S with the pano roof? I would say it is equal to that tinting. But what makes the windshield on the X more problematic is that the angle of the sun could be directly in your face (unlike the skylights where the sun would shine from above), and although the tint does help, I will definitely be sure to keep a pair of sunglasses in the X.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully we will see a sunshade very soon, did your DS mention anything regarding a sunshade? Elon mentioned in his tweet that sunshade would come with each car but it appears it hasn't. Hopefully we will see it available for purchase at the tesla accessory online store.