Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig 303, Vin 731 Delivered 12/31/2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will make some more short videos tomorrow morning when there is more light. Please let me know of anything specific anyone would like to see. So far, I have:

- Trunk space
- Frunk space
- Third row
Let me start with joining the choir of "amazing how much the early owners do for the community".

As for requests. A silly one, but one that I think a lot of people would appreciate.
Model S and Model X next to each other. Load the Model S with boxes or suitcases. As much as you can fit. Unload and load into the Model X. I think that will give by far the best idea of how the cargo capacity compares.

There are obviously a number of scenarios. Model S will definitely win with all seats up (I assume - ok, I'm pretty sure... wait, did I just say "definitely"? Ok, definitely).
Model X should win with 3rd row down but 2nd row up in both cars. And I think Model X should win with "max capacity", i.e. 2nd row down in the S and 2nd row all the way forward in the X.

I realize this sounds more like a Mythbusters episode (I have been enjoying the Mythbusters Marathon on Sci way too much these last few days). But I am sure that a lot of future owners would find this very insightful.

Initially when opening the console storage, it would just slide back closed and would not stay open. So we did try closing it a bit harder. That is when it got stuck open. We can get it to wiggle slightly, but it will not come back forward. Small issue.

We bought the booster seat at Target years ago, but this is identical to the one we have in the vid: Amazon.com : Cosco Juvenile Top Side Booster Car Seat, Turquoise : Baby

We use it for our 7 year old and the design of it makes it easy for her to buckle up herself since it isn't too bulky. It fits the X seats well (besides the color).

I will make some more short videos tomorrow morning when there is more light. Please let me know of anything specific anyone would like to see. So far, I have:

- Trunk space
- Frunk space
- Third row
Thanks for posting the videos and obliging to do the cargo. .I am a little disappointed at the cargo space without the 3rd row seats down. .taking stuff like ice hockey equipment, and golf equipment for two is possible but challenging, we do a lot of camping in summers and carrying all that stuff is not a possibility. Have to buy a thule cargo carrier.

Many thanks for taking the time to video and post!
My production X is (per my DS) to be among the first batch of regular production units and I'm anxious to take delivery. But after watching your demo with the golf bag, I'm a little worried now that I may not be able to get my three golf pigeons (friends) and our clubs easily on board. No problem at all in my S. Thoughts?

My production X is (per my DS) to be among the first batch of regular production units and I'm anxious to take delivery. But after watching your demo with the golf bag, I'm a little worried now that I may not be able to get my three golf pigeons (friends) and our clubs easily on board. No problem at all in my S. Thoughts?

It seems like you could get one golf bag (with drivers lying next to it) in the frunk, and I'm sure three more in the back with the third row folded down.

How deep is the trunk? I saw the bag wouldn't fit sideways with drivers in it, but if you lift the cover could two or even three golf bags stand side by side?

Last edited:

Even if you can't fit them in the frunk and the trunk, you can easily fold down the rear seats and fit several bags there and still have room for your three buddies in the front and middle row seats.

Peter+

It seems like you could get one golf bag (with drivers lying next to it) in the frunk, and I'm sure three more in the back with the third row folded down.

How deep is the trunk? I saw the bag wouldn't fit sideways with drivers in it, but if you lift the cover could two or even three golf bags stand side by side?

Just watched all your videos. Excellent information. Thank you.

Quick question, (which kinda references the quote above). With the Trunk Floor Cover "removed" or in that up position, could you fit the golf club bag standing in there? If so, could you potentially fit 3 golf bags standing up??

I have 2 X 90Ds ordered for my limo business, and am wondering if suitcases will fit comfortably without the Trunk Floor

The trunk is quite deep, see the cargo measurements thread for the measurements I captured at the reveal, at least 15" deep, possibly more...

Show us the mechanism for the auto opening doors and the Falcon wing doors (hinges). Very interested to see how they work up close.

Also, I saw in the X reveal that Elon was able to move the second row seats forward and back automatically. You're holding down the button, can't you double tap it to make them move automatically like he did? Curious how he did that.

Lastly, make sure you upload your videos in high def to Youtube, 240p doesn't cut it.

Thanks!

I uploaded the videos in 240p since we were loading up for a vacation and was short on time. Will be creating videos to answer more of your questions. The X is getting wrapped in clear bra at the moment, but it will be done tonight.