Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig owners only...please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We received the "in production, congrats!" email from our DS a couple weeks ago. On Monday we got this: "Your Model X is moving through production as we speak. I am really hoping delivery will be in second half of December. What is your availability around this time?" The website still doesn't reflect that it's in production, so we don't know what to believe and are trying not to get our hopes up too much, but it's hard since we have a lot of driving to do at Christmas and would be so happy to be doing it in the X! The waiting continues... (Sig 351, vin 66X)

The Factory tours are not currently being scheduled until after the first, as they have scheduled a large amount of X deliveries. Good
luck! Seems promising!!

I received the pay for your car email yesterday. VIN 7XX. Funded the order then noticed the invoice showed a delivery in Arizona on or about 12/19/2015.

VIN 2XX has no new activity since the VIN was assigned.

Both cars still show the status as confirmed on MyTesla.

The only difference in the two cars is the seats. VIN 7XX is seven seat and VIN 2XX is six seat.

On a side note for Arizona buyers. Tesla now is able to handle sales tax, title and registration in Arizona. They still can't actually sell you a car but at least now they can deliver a car with an Arizona title. That's progress. Before the cars delivered with a California title and the buyer then had to go to DMV and do a title transfer along with paying state taxes. Then months later the city would show up wanting city taxes. It wasn't difficult just added steps and surprised buyers that didn't know taxes would be due when registering in AZ.

Even though AZ won't let Tesla SELL cars you can still BUY all the Tesla cars you want. Thank you Tesla for working with AZ and making delivery and registration even easier.

- - - Updated - - -

I did get a payment button...but no dates...

Open the three page invoice and about 1/3 down on page two it should show a "deliver on or about date" Select the link highlighted in red, "view final price".

Vin 16x here. I just made final payment yesterday and my invoice sez: on or about 12/21/15. I'm near Sacramento, CA.

Woo hoo, maybe Elon gets to wear the santa hat this year!

Sig P85+ (conversion), sig red
Model X P90DL six seat, titanium

I'm also a VIN 16x near Seattle, and my DS yesterday couldn't reassure me that car would be here before the new year. No news that it's in production etc. Six seats, midnight silver. I'm thinking now that they'll get around 200 cars built this year, somewhat out of order and probably based on location and options (e.g. ludicrous which I passed on.) Oh well, I'm still pretty sure we'll get it before our planned road trip in February...

I've also reached out to my DS and will let y'all know.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out. Our goal is still by the end of this year and into very early January 2016 and I’m hoping to learn more shortly.

I will be in touch shortly with more information as soon as it arises but please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

From everything I'm seeing - from cars appearing in service centers to delivery date mentions, it appears they're going to do a big, big push here to deliver the last week of the year. Put me down for delivery of about 314 Model X's by end of year.

So no one believes anymore that Tesla will deliver all 1,250 Signature models by December 31st? :rolleyes:

Well, I don't think anyone said 1,250. There are only 1,200 in the US & Canada anyway, and it was always unlikely that the Canadian ones would make end of year due to homologation.

However, no, I don't think they'll get all the US ones (whatever number that may be). At the last update I received, my DS told me that there would definitely be a good chunk of them delivered before the end of the year, but size of "good chunk" was still TBD.