Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig S owners: Signing up for SigX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I plan on buying the X, definitely won't spend extra for the signature.... haven't put a deposit down either, want to see it in person first... hopefully they move quickly, have to get rid of the wife's Range Rover Sport Supercharged asap! 11 MPG and crappy electronics! :)

I plan on buying the X, definitely won't spend extra for the signature.... haven't put a deposit down either, want to see it in person first... hopefully they move quickly, have to get rid of the wife's Range Rover Sport Supercharged asap! 11 MPG and crappy electronics! :)

Exactly the vehicle we will be replacing with the 'X'. It is the classic gas guzzler.

- - - Updated - - -

The only reason to order a Sig, based on our experience with the S, would be if you don't have a reservation and want to jump the line at the end of the process. I had an early P reservation, upgraded to the Sig, and got my car about a month early. Unless you really want a specific color offered for a Sig, it makes no sense to get one. There is a fairly large Sig tax (between five and eight thousand dollars), and that assumes you want a fully loaded car in the first place. That premium can get you a unique color, or a huge jump in line if you don't have a reservation, and that's it. A tote bag, or free connectivity, is a relative pittance compared to the Sig premium/tax, so those are really the only two reasons I could ever see to get a Sig.

Thanks.....I did not know that was what the 'Sig Tax' was that everyone referred to on other threads.