Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig X 969 Picked up Today at Fremont Plant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today we picked up our Model X Sig, ... VIN 0049x, P90D, NO Ludicrous, Winter treatment, Pearl White/Black interior with Burl wood trim. Took the Factory Tour, we recommend it highly. A Pleasure to see actual manufacturing in operation!

Jennifer was the hit of the evening showing off her "Tesla Nails"...

Two Sigs... I have the Model S, Jennifer has the Model X! No sharing allowed :tongue:

Attachments

• Tesla nails med.jpg
    Tesla nails med.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 267
  • Tesla nails med 3.jpg
    Tesla nails med 3.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 245
  • Model X med.jpg
    Model X med.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 251
  • Tesla nails med 4.jpg
    Tesla nails med 4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 262
Some follow-up about the Model X vs Model S... Both of ours are Signature versions so early manufacturing.

Observations so far:

1. I can't believe that anyone would have the "need" for Ludicrous mode on the Model X! The Model X - P90D is SCARY fast in INSANE mode already. Acceleration absolutely great.
2. The Model X feels much more Solid and Grounded (my best attempt at communicating the feelings we had) than the Model S. We have the 22 in. wheels so cushier ride than my Model S with 21's but independent of that difference, they both have Air suspension and drive setting set to standard in both, etc. The feeling while driving is quieter and smoother but very much in control and responsive. Note that it is MUCH quieter than my Model S at highway speeds. This makes it very easy to discover you are cranking along at a very fast clip when you thought you were well BELOW the speed limit!
3. Although the Model X is only about a foot taller than the Model S, you feel like you are VERY much above the crowd. I believe this is partly a result of the AMAZING windshield! The unobstructed view provided in Model X has been, by far, my favorite feature. I'm 6'4" tall and have, for my entire driving life, had to bend down to see stoplights when stopped. That is NO LONGER the case. This produces a much more relaxed driving style and, I believe, will sell lots of Model X's when folks get to sit in the front row seats!
4. On the negative! The center rear view mirror is absolutely USELESS! The view is far too obstructed by rear seats. we have the Black headliner which makes the entire rear view VERY DARK. There may be something wrong with the mirror, we have added it to the list for Service Center to check out! NOTE: We use the backup camera to compensate but still will need a better solution I think.
5. Another key point from our perspective is ingress and egress...Yep, getting into and out of the Model X is, of course, superior to the Model S; BUT, it is also MUCH better than most SUV's today! You don't need to "climb" in or "step UP". As Jenn phrased it: "It's super easy to get in and out of EVEN in heels (which, in her case, are 5+inches of extra height!)".

We stopped by Santana Row in San Jose to let the Tesla folks at the store and anyone who wanted to see the car had their chance. I think it was a hit! They had to keep reminding people that it was a private vehicle and not available for test drives!!!:smile:

As a Sig owner, I understand we are "cleaning the pipe" for production so I'm sure there will be issues I will report. I believe that the Sig Model X is in very good shape and production ramp should be quite rapid. So far, the only thing broken was the Tesla Coffee cup we got as a gift and having the 2nd key be non-functional (which is going back to Engineering to figure out what gives). Note that 7.1 FW is not rolled out to Model X yet. We were told they are still characterizing things like auto-summon for model X. Can't wait for the upgrade because the Model X is a full 6 inches wider and longer than the Model S!!!

I hope this helps for people who are considering whether or not to get the Model X! Will add more as we learn things about the car and in response to questions.

cheers

Congrats! I'm looking forward to mine, production but according to my sales guy, it's done so I should be hearing about it very very soon. I suspect they are trying to get all the Sig's delivered first. 969 is close, so hoping to see my baby soon!

Great report.

I agree about the speed of Model X. If cruise control isn't on, it is very easy to end up driving over the speed limit with or without Ludicrous Mode.

Your rearview mirror is probably okay. Getting used to the dark image takes time. The window tint is the major difference. Folding down the rear seat headrests helps.

Version 7.1 was installed and updated twice on my Model X Signature at the Service Center. It's currently at 7.1 (2.10.71).