TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sig100 #48 Tesla for Sale (Twilight Blue/Black)

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by josh, May 31, 2009.

1. josh

josh Member

Hey All:

Have decided to sell my Tesla, #48 of the signature 100. Car is in perfect shape, 1700 miles, no problems. Just didn't work out to be the right car for what I need.

It's going to go on sale with Fantasy Junction at the end of this week (a nice car consignment store in Emeryville, CA), but would love to sell to a fan before then if anyone is in the market. (and save on the commission as well!)

The car has the Twilight (dark) blue exterior and black leather interior.

It has all the goodies that come with the signature 100 -- fully optioned car, extra year on the warranty, plus the little color eggs and other doo-dads of being in the signature 100. Wall charger (HPC) is new and in box, I never installed it. The hard top has not yet been delivered but you will get a "due bill" and Tesla will give it to you when it's ready.

Car also has the starshield paint protector, which cost just under $2K, installed by the Tesla store in Menlo Park. Car is in the Bay Area.

I have seen other threads here that say the fully optioned version is about $130K new, plus a wait. I'd be willing to sell for a small discount to that, I got in cheaper as I paid earlier, and I'm not looking to gouge on price. PM me with an offer and we'll talk.

Attached is a pic someone took of me and posted on this forum when I was parked in Burlingame! I thought it was quite a nice shot.

Attached Files:

2. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Josh, a fully optioned new Tesla buyer would also receive a $7,500 federal tax credit plus whatever state incentives might exist. So you might want to take that into account with your offering price.

$130,000 might be a little steep for a used Tesla with 1,700 miles. Especially considering the improvements made with the 2.0 motor and the upgraded interior for 2010.

3. josh

josh Member

clarity

I guess my post was somewhat unclear -- I'm not expecting to sell it for $130K.

A fair price would be something less than that, and I am open to reasonable offers. I didn't mean to imply $125K or anything like that!

thanks
    j

4. eshaun

eshaun New Member

good luck with the sale...photo looks familiar, where did you see it posted :cool:

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0794.JPG

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

It was posted here. Found on Flickr.

3126548842_0f442a4287.jpg
    3125718217_2cbc26f54b.jpg

Josh, do you have any interior photos?

6. Tim M

Tim M Member

Josh,

From the photos posted here, it looks like the Sig 100 plate on the side of the car is missing. Did you have it removed? Or...was that just for the founders' cars??? Am I having an early "Senior Moment?"

7. ChargeIt!

ChargeIt! Member

Bill's has the plate on the exterior ... #55

8. josh

josh Member

sig 100

I elected not to get it, liked the cleaner look. Has it on the door sills, and the plate between the seats...

9. Picasso

Picasso kllkkjlk

Fantasy Junction

Fantasy Junction, is looking well past full. I live a block away and always look whats new. Was a waiting list some months back. With so much for rent around those guys should upgrade and get some more space.

10. josh

josh Member

Definitely full there... Tesla not filling it up though, as it lasted 1 day...

11. ra-san

ra-san Member

Grats on the fast sell. Will understand if you chose not to share, but may I ask how much it went for?
    It was single color black leather interior, not microfiber, right? Were you at the rally?

12. josh

josh Member

Listed at $99,500, sold just under. Black leather.