Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sighted at Pebble Beach

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check it. . .

pbcde_tour_22.jpg

Plus, there is a brief news report which has started making the rounds of various newspapers:

http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/siliconvalley/news/15305903.htm

Alloy said:
There's a 4:42 minute video of the Tesla Roadster at http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/videogallery.aspx?s=Pebble2006.

Yeargh! Can anybody come up with a version of that video that I can view on my Macintosh?

I'd love to see it, but there's no way I'm going to install Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Media Player -- that's just not going to happen. (And I have doubts that it would work if I tried.)

Vern Padgett said:
Alloy, this video is awesome.  Thanks for posting it.
Vern
You're welcome.

tonybelding said:
Yeargh! Can anybody come up with a version of that video that I can view on my Macintosh?
Maybe the main Tesla Motors website can claim it and post it in more universal formats. There were several videos from their Santa Monica appearence that had to be searched for too.

Tony, thank you.* I just read that news report, and printed a copy for my non-computer friend who was telling us how exciting she was about some new BMW.* Wait 'til she learns about the Tesla!*
Vern

Yes, it's good to be precise with wording, but let's face it, do you think the REST api has a command to initiate an update? That seems rather far fetched.

Either way, this thread is about the visualization, right? I have a ton of code in flight that I hope to push in a day or two.
Sadly my days gathering process died this morning, 10 miles into a 340 mile trip with two SC visits and a low of 8 miles of rated range. So I didn't get to collect any of those data which has me totally bummed.
I really need some help from someone more experienced in JavaScript programming to make sure that the streaming.js becomes more resilient and doesn't crash... regardless what happens. I really want to see it recover gracefully...

Dirk, you are working too hard! Looks like you meant to post to some other thread altogether. Nice old thread though that you've revived 7 years later :)

That's crazy. I have no idea how that's even possible. Must be something with the magic numbers in the quote syntax?
:confused:

I'll repost in the visualization thread. Oops.

Edit:
So the reference of the post I wanted to respond to was 416677. Vern's post was 77. Shows you how much has happened here in those seven years. Still don't know how those four digits got deleted, but at least now it makes more sense.

Last edited:
The thing about tranny issues,
My research found a fluid cooled motor by UQM Tech., with a 2-speed transmission by Eaton industries, interlocked with a Pi-Innovo controller to optimize torque. How does this compare ? Is Tesla. 2-speed or single speed ? is Tesla fluid cooled to optimize battery life and torque.
Ultimately, I look for utility in an EV and I'm leaning toward a truck. Currently I love driving a Prius.