TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Sign seen in Model S in Denver: Please don't break the window to free my dog

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ozweepay, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

At the Park Meadows SC, just outside of a major Denver shopping mall, this sign was in the window:

20151125_183944.jpg

A duplicate was on the passenger side.

I wonder if the owner had had a window broken previously? Is it legit to leave a dog in a Model S but not other vehicles?

• Like x 1
  2. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

Good sign, likely because someone had broken the window before because of a "dog in need" type situation. People will do anything to there peoples property if they feel like the need is urgent. Especially in hot climates, hot times of the year, there are PSAs all of there the place about not leaving your pets in a hot car.

Jeff

3. MikeL

MikeL some guy

That a "sign" of progress (?) :wink:

4. CraZ8

CraZ8 Member

I have a similar sign for my two little guys. If people will call the police for putting kids in the trunk of a Tesla they will break a window to free your pet from imagined heat prostration

5. Uncle Paul

Uncle Paul Member

Interesting, because I see Police dogs inside un attended cars all the time. Wonder what they would do if you broke their window to let the German Shephard free?

6. brkaus

brkaus Member

Good point. When I have noticed it, the police cars were running and it was clear from the engine noise.

7. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

You mean after they free you from the jaws of the police dog? :)

8. ozweepay

ozweepay Member

Please try it and report back?

9. Zextraterrestrial

so the dogs were being asphyxiated?

10. green1

green1 Active Member

Around here the police K9 units have special engine start-stop devices designed to start the engine if the temperature gets too high or low, and if the temperature doesn't fix itself from starting the engine, the device will automatically roll down the windows (these were all installed after the highly publicized death of a police dog from overheating in a car). These cars also usually have the rear windows partially open, and I think they have fans mounted in those windows too.