TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Signal light controls

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by AWSIEWERT, Aug 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. AWSIEWERT

AWSIEWERT New Member

Since I am a one right handed ( left arm amputee), I have to reach through the steering wheel to tap the lever on the left side. This works reasonably well to activate the turn signal or lane change, but having to cancel the flasher, the flasher may cycle a number of times. This is distracting and annoying. Ok, my suggestion is that: the green flashing light on the monitor allow the signaling to be cancelled by tapping the green flashing button. This should be a programmable solution, since all sort of inputs are initiated by tapping a sensitive area.
    I am sure that I am not the only person having difficulty operating the signal cancelling routine.

Art

2. RichieC

RichieC Member

you do know that you can tap the lever the same way that you turned it on to cancel it?
    i.e. tap down to indicate left, tap down again to cancel it..

3. AWSIEWERT

AWSIEWERT New Member

Yes, and it does work. The problem is reaching through the steering wheel with my right hand that does not get a very consistent tap. Further, the right turn to tap up again to cancel especially on lane change - is almost impossible to pull the level up like a tap.
    I suspect that other people would also have more difficult producing the upper tap.