Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Angst

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know you are a few others had significant delivery delays but I don't think it was on the order or dozens or hundreds of people.

That's what I was trying to say, I have a very low Sig and got mine at the very end of September so no more than 2 months before some production cars. I wasn't expecting anything more. If you had a late Sig then you really shouldn't have expected any significant delay before production cars started being delivered.

This is already a long thread but again, this was a voluntary program. Tesla could have been more clear on the benefits but they did deliver the Signature ordered even if the gap in delivery wasn't to everyone's liking. I would expect the same for the Model X so if getting an exclusive car and being the only one to have it for a very long period of time before any production cars get delivered is what you want then signing up for the Sig might not be the way to go. Getting a Signature is not worth it for everyone and each person needs to make their own decision to avoid the angst some people still feel to this day about voluntarily paying more for a car for some small benefits and differences.

I knew I was getting the Sig red paint (I did), more leather on the inside (I did) and my car early in the production run (I did) with minimal badging. I also knew I was paying more for this car than a production car before I finalized so no surprises there. Maybe it wasn't worth it but I wasn't forced to get a Signature model and don't think anyone else was. I wanted a early car and I got it. I could easily have kept my low production slot but decided to get a Signature.

My sentiments almost exactly...

I took delivery of my Sig (VIN628) in November. While I believe Tesla could have provided a few more perks, I really did not expect more than early delivery (minimal), exterior red & white leather (which I love), the ability to advocate for the electrification of transportation and bragging rights (undeserved rock star status as my kids say).

I have had three significant/nuisance repair issues - expected as an early adopter and handled superbly by Tesla (though one to go).

I love the car...

My reservation # was in the early 500's but my VIN ended up in the 800's, and delivery finally occured after general production deliveries had already started, so I was a little disappointed. Sig sounded good at reservation time, particularly since it initially appeared that production would take a long time to ramp up. Although that advantage disappeared, so did the possibility that we would be orphans if Tesla folded. I think that Service still treats the Sig owners with a premium level of support and respect.

My reservation # was in the early 500's but my VIN ended up in the 800's, and delivery finally occured after general production deliveries had already started, so I was a little disappointed. Sig sounded good at reservation time, particularly since it initially appeared that production would take a long time to ramp up. Although that advantage disappeared, so did the possibility that we would be orphans if Tesla folded. I think that Service still treats the Sig owners with a premium level of support and respect.

+1 tezco. My experience has been superb with service. I know that my service advisor comments on how unusual the Sig Red + perforated white leather is compared the production cars. I know (almost)everybody has had excellent service experiences; mine have ALL been beyond my expectation.

[/B]

+1 tezco. My experience has been superb with service. I know that my service advisor comments on how unusual the Sig Red + perforated white leather is compared the production cars. I know (almost)everybody has had excellent service experiences; mine have ALL been beyond my expectation.

I just have a plebeian P85+ and service seems to be great to me.

From a reliability standpoint, service has been good. However, I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Sigs get preferential treatment. My own experience does not support this view. I get the same upgrades and service as the next guy in line. Sig or not, serivce plan or not, it's all the same IMHO.

[/B]

From a reliability standpoint, service has been good. However, I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that Sigs get preferential treatment. My own experience does not support this view. I get the same upgrades and service as the next guy in line. Sig or not, serivce plan or not, it's all the same IMHO.
I have mixed feelings on this one.

On the one hand, I feel like they roll out the red carpet (tone and behavior) to me as a Signature customer.
On the other hand, I don't see (or expect) that they will treat non-Signature customers in some way that is "lesser".

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe there are just some subtle things that they do (like preference in reserving loaner spots or somesuch) that don't really impact the vehicle service itself but maybe brighten the ownership experience just slightly.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe there are just some subtle things that they do (like preference in reserving loaner spots or somesuch) that don't really impact the vehicle service itself but maybe brighten the ownership experience just slightly.

FWIW, I have never received a Model S loaner. I have requested it on a couple occasions and been turned down. Heck, the last time I had a hard enough time arranging valet service. No, the red carpet has not been rolled out for me.

FWIW, I have never received a Model S loaner. I have requested it on a couple occasions and been turned down. Heck, the last time I had a hard enough time arranging valet service. No, the red carpet has not been rolled out for me.
That was but one possible example. If your service center simply has no loaner cars then such preferential treatment wouldn't even be possible.

I agree with Brian--I think that my service guys realize that the Roadster and Signature owners help the company survive some rough patches. They are always impressed when the see that Sig badge and always mention it when picking up the car, in a manner that makes me believe that they think I'm a very special owner.