Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signature Black Wall Charger Award Date Sliding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the instruction manual indicate any new features?

Also did Tesla send you any notification that they were shipping it out, or did it just ship out?

Thanks

I installed a Gen 2 HPWC about a month ago (brand new, direct from Tesla) and the part number for that manual is the same as the manual for the signature one - so I assume no new features. The install for the signature one is scheduled for this Monday.

As for delivery, I was going back and forth via email with customer support to get a non-signature one (given the delay of the signature one), and they told me they would should a non-signature one. 2 days later I received the signature one.

I installed a Gen 2 HPWC about a month ago (brand new, direct from Tesla) and the part number for that manual is the same as the manual for the signature one - so I assume no new features. The install for the signature one is scheduled for this Monday.

As for delivery, I was going back and forth via email with customer support to get a non-signature one (given the delay of the signature one), and they told me they would should a non-signature one. 2 days later I received the signature one.
Congratulations. Hopefully they will work through the backlog. My referral was in November.

Reactions: Daandeluxe
Interesting that the sticker says 80 amp even though you are supposed to install it on a 100 amp circuit in order to get the 72 amp max out of it - does the Gen 2 HPWC say 80 amp on the side too?

Good observation. I no longer have the box for my non-signature Gen 2 HPWC, so can't compare. My 2014 S 85 has the dual charger. I'll test the max amp on my S once this signature HPWC is installed (scheduled for tomorrow). Both of my HPWCs will be fed from a 100 amp breaker (and communicate with one another), and my non-signature Gen 2 HPWC charges my S at 80 amps. Once I test my S on the signature one I'll report back.

My Gen 2 HPWC says 80 Amp output on the label on the side of it.
My Gen 1 HPWC says 80 Amp output on the label on the side of it.

My X-100D 2018 can only use 72 Amps. My wife's 2015 dual charger S-85D could use 80 Amps.

I still have 2 black ones coming. Earned by referrals in March 2018 and May 2018.

As @brianman stated above 90Amp breaker for 72Amp output and 100Amp breaker for 80Amp output.

Shawn

A couple of questions if you don't mind.

When did you order the Signature HPWC?

And did they send you an email or anything to let you know your Signature HPWC was on the way?

My referral was delivered June 21, and I sent an email to Tesla customer auppprt on June 28 requesting a swap for the non-signature given the delay. Tesla responded July 14 and said they would send me a non-signature one, and I would receive it in about 7-10 days. I then received a signature one on July 17.

With all posts relative to the delay for the signature ones, I guess I just got really lucky!!

Reactions: jboy210
My referral was delivered June 21, and I sent an email to Tesla customer auppprt on June 28 requesting a swap for the non-signature given the delay. Tesla responded July 14 and said they would send me a non-signature one, and I would receive it in about 7-10 days. I then received a signature one on July 17.

With all posts relative to the delay for the signature ones, I guess I just got really lucky!!
Your referral was in June 21st 2017, correct? Otherwise you were really lucky!

Great. I guess there is hope for my June 2018 order! Thanks!

As a follow up, signature HPWC installed. Also note how the handle is black (it's silver on the non-signature ones). Install.jpg Handle.jpg